+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World cup

This World Cup is such a s h I t t y, badly advised and non entity of an event that we’re very likely to end up winning it and being despised and ridiculed for it forever!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m extremely envious Yarm.....Perth😍😎

How long are you there for and are you travelling elsewhere?

What about airfare ticket prices, unbelievable the way they’ve gone up sine I went in 2019!😩
    We are here for 6 weeks arriving back on 30th December.

This year just Perth and surrounds as hopefully (health permitting) big trip to celebrate our 50th wedding January 2024. Here every year since 2007 except for Covid restricted years and have spent over 15 months in Perth in total since first visit in 1972.

Got married when we lived in Wellington, NZ so next years trip will include, Singapore, Brisbane, Wellington, Wanaka, Sydney before coming back to stay with family in Perth.

Yes you are definitely right about airfare ticket price increases cost twice as much as last time and have to say penny pinching with the food and drinks as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    We are here for 6 weeks arriving back on 30th December.

This year just Perth and surrounds as hopefully (health permitting) big trip to celebrate our 50th wedding January 2024. Here every year since 2007 except for Covid restricted years and have spent over 15 months in Perth in total since first visit in 1972.

Got married when we lived in Wellington, NZ so next years trip will include, Singapore, Brisbane, Wellington, Wanaka, Sydney before coming back to stay with family in Perth.

Yes you are definitely right about airfare ticket price increases cost twice as much as last time and have to say penny pinching with the food and drinks as well.
    Hope you have a terrific time Yarm.

Are you staying at a hotel in Perth or more of a “home” type of base?

I’d be interested if you have ideas for areas around Perth to visit or stay?

I fancy trying Cottisloe for a few nights in January 24.

I hope you update us regularly on your trip this time around?

By the way, I don’t know if you’ve watched Perth Glory FC yet, I went to a home game and very much enjoyed their lovely ground and chatting with ex pat’s who support Glory?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Not only is he an utter dickhead but he closely resembles a dildo with eyebrows drawn on it.

FIFA has blood on it's hands and this self serving prick's chosen to double down.

Arrogant, condescending piece of excrement. I'd suggest words fail me but they clearly don't.
    You are becoming more eloquent by the day!

Just watched a few reports on the reality of the "fan zones" in Qatar. Hours away from the start of the games and still a lot looking like a building site and £175 a night for living in a plastic tent with a bed and a fan and communal washing and toilet facilities complete with Brown water😀

Looks like they are not just worried about any LGBT fans as they aren't letting single male fans in either. That will end well!

Meanwhile with Golden Balls unlikely to make any comment or defend his position, Joe Lycet has painted himself into a corner about shredding his £10k-a truly stupid and utterly tone-deaf thing to do if he does given how badly many need financial help at the moment.

Doubt I can muster much interest to watch any of this year's World Cup even disregarding the ethical issues around it.

Ifantino's infantile rant to try and justify this abonation was beyond fking tragic and misguided and shows just how out of touch these c???s are.

Somebody tell this pr ick that the only health and safety they had was a rock and they didn't have more money than God and modern health and safety equipment and techniques.

The banning of beer sales to the normal fan 2 days before was obviously the plan from day one, but kept quiet until the last minute, so that it didn't affect ticket sales.

It is absolutely shocking that those with corporate tickets can still buy and drink alcohol at the games, some seedy compromise fifa have obviously made to look after number one for them, the big companies and sponsors.

Absolute s hit show of a circus and I cannot wait for it finish and be forgotten as the worst country ever to have bribed their way to hosting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Just watched a few reports on the reality of the "fan zones" in Qatar. Hours away from the start of the games and still a lot looking like a building site and £175 a night for living in a plastic tent with a bed and a fan and communal washing and toilet facilities complete with Brown water😀

Looks like they are not just worried about any LGBT fans as they aren't letting single male fans in either. That will end well!

Meanwhile with Golden Balls unlikely to make any comment or defend his position, Joe Lycet has painted himself into a corner about shredding his £10k-a truly stupid and utterly tone-deaf thing to do if he does given how badly many need financial help at the moment.

Doubt I can muster much interest to watch any of this year's World Cup even disregarding the ethical issues around it.
    He actually has shredded it!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    He actually has shredded it!

Seriously??
    Used to sort of like him but if he has done this he is a complete knob! Obviously didn't think this through as Beckham was never going to respond. Like I said, he painted himself into a corner but he should have been man enough to change his mind and call the shredding off and donated it to either an LGBT charity or a food bank of something worthwhile rather than wasting 10k to try and prove a (pretty pointless) point.

I’ve no time for any idiot that shreds money for effect.

So many people and charities could’ve been helped by this cash.

It’s like when Lee Hendrie used to use £50 notes to light cigars in nightclubs.

Revolting stuff.

English fans jailed for singing ‘Get yer face out for the boys’ to a Qatari waitress

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)