+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away grounds, do you have a favourite ?

Away grounds, do you have a favourite ?

I've always enjoyed the Red Rose County trip's , Rochdale being an old favourite and still is , Blackburn A good day out too , Preston , Bury , Burnley and a fair few more are worth a mention , but top's for me is Accrington Stanley , my favourite league one club besides us ?, always look out for their score's and love the Name ,

QPR for me despite other than in recent season's never a good hunting ground , saying that no bugga saw the recent back to back wins at Loftus Road given the pandemic .

Get off the tube at Shepherds Bush and work your way up to the ground pub to pub , there's quite a few .

Cut through Shepherd's Bush market too on the way and experience a reight market .

Some of the West Indian fruit and veg stalls are a delight , never seen stuff on sale like that anywhere else .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    QPR for me despite other than in recent season's never a good hunting ground , saying that no bugga saw the recent back to back wins at Loftus Road given the pandemic .

Get off the tube at Shepherds Bush and work your way up to the ground pub to pub , there's quite a few .

Cut through Shepherd's Bush market too on the way and experience a reight market .

Some of the West Indian fruit and veg stalls are a delight , never seen stuff on sale like that anywhere else .
    Suprisingly Loftus road is one ground I have visited on at least 11 occasions maybe more , don't know why really , more hope than anticipation , only ever seen us get a draw there , where as Rochdale not sure of year ? Late 60s early 70s a 3-1 win in FA CUP Jimmy Seal (remember him ) got 2 I think , started snowing at half time , and we got stuck ont moors for night on way home , local WMC/PUB looked after us well , stayed overnight , not bad them Lankys and very grateful to them ,

Notts Forest & County. Cheearp on train, not too far and good boozin.

Sheffield United too. There's just summat abart that grarnd.

stockport for me

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Always a good day out in London, used to enjoy Griffin Park

Accrington for me, (and Mrs). Pity it’s Boxing day this time….. no trains.

Nowt like the sense of "adventure" as tha reaches the M62 summit of the Pennines and sees the Lancashire Plain spread befooar thi.

In order of like---Rochdale, Accrington, Fleetwood, Preston.

Allus liked Newcastle as well.

Plymouth is always a favourite of mine although I haven't seen us down there since Davey's team stopped up on the final day at Home Park in 2009 .

The 94 cup tie is a legendary away day with 1800 reds making the trip for that 4th round tie and a 2-2 draw .

Great city with great pubs especially around The Barbican area .

Scunny …. car park right next to ground always very easy to exit.
    Straight on to M62 and home in an hour ( North Wakefield ).
    Usually quicker than from Oakwell as it takes 45 minutes just to get out of car park !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast