+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    Turns out we had some decent players all along. 8 pts off top 6. Out for a 60th birthday bash tonight. Might have quite a few now, enjoy ya night everyone
    Think most of us have known for a while that there has been enough quality in this squad for us to be much higher up the table than we are (hence a lot of the anger and frustration) but tapping into that potential and managing it properly to get the best results out of them has been a massive part of our problem whether that be under Fat Sam, Ismael or -particularly-Bruce. Not saying that the players themselves should not shoulder some of the blame for c rap performances but recent changes in fortune clearly show the importance of having a decent manager. Anyhow, enjoy your night out! 🍺

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    Turns out we had some decent players all along. 8 pts off top 6. Out for a 60th birthday bash tonight. Might have quite a few now, enjoy ya night everyone
    Happy 60th birthday have a great night

My first match today since the first match of last season so for me it really was like starting afresh.

We are actually a very good side with some very decent players.

That was the most attacking, most controlled and most pleasing and complete performance I have seen from Albion since the end of the season before we got relegated from the Prem under Pardew.

There wasn’t a weak link today, every player played well, Yokuslu was superb but so was Moloumby and Wallace, Asante was terrific, Bartley an absolute rock.

This is all down to the manager, I was wrong after game one.....he very clearly knows what he’s doing, it’s me that’s the idiot!

I have no doubt we’ll make the play offs after watching the quality of this display.

What a difference, for a while now I’ve looked around enviously at young, enthusiastic and energetic coaches, now I feel we have one ourselves.
    I recall being irritated by Carlos and his assistant’s at The Hawthorns last season, their constant berating and pestering of the fourth official, their unwillingness to sit still for a split second like over excited children, now I love it!

This squad needed this more than any other squad, as did the fan base, we now play slick confident football with an energetic threat up front. The rejuvenation of Phillips and Bartley is proof that older players can be turned around no matter how stale we all think they’ve become. If we can become fitter and sharper, and I think we do already, there’s no reason why this team under this management can’t climb the table quickly.

Asante has looked a rough diamond in need of a good polish, today he looked so many grades higher than in previous outings, his confidence, hold up play, vision and distribution, closing down, goal threat and energy cost us about £17.5 Million cheaper than the man whose boots he’s filled! He looks really settled at this level and has obviously been worked on and it shows, after that wonder goal he’s only going to improve further, add Dike in the mix and we could be frightening up front.

I’ll be very interested to see the condition of players like Livermore and Grant after the World Cup under this manager. Whether the stoppage will be a good thing or a bad thing we’ll have to wait and see but personally I’d prefer to carry on and not lose the momentum. Others are saying it could act as the perfect pre season Carlos never had, if so I expect a few leaner looking players come the start back in December.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My first match today since the first match of last season so for me it really was like starting afresh.

We are actually a very good side with some very decent players.

That was the most attacking, most controlled and most pleasing and complete performance I have seen from Albion since the end of the season before we got relegated from the Prem under Pardew.

There wasn’t a weak link today, every player played well, Yokuslu was superb but so was Moloumby and Wallace, Asante was terrific, Bartley an absolute rock.

This is all down to the manager, I was wrong after game one.....he very clearly knows what he’s doing, it’s me that’s the idiot!

I have no doubt we’ll make the play offs after watching the quality of this display.
    Certainly chose the right game for your return! Hope you managed to meet up with others in the Vine as planned to enjoy a few .Jealous that I wasn't able to go, but glad you had a great day and witnessed us both playing well and with passion. Onwards and upwards !

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Certainly chose the right game for your return! Hope you managed to meet up with others in the Vine as planned to enjoy a few .Jealous that I wasn't able to go, but glad you had a great day and witnessed us both playing well and with passion. Onwards and upwards !
    Thanks Omeg, my first visit to The Vine, what a terrific fans venue.

Good to meet old mates Kets, BaggieAl and his son James, DaveP, Steve and his young son and his dad and bunch of doddering octogenarian mates.

Good day all round! Great putting names to faces just a shame I couldn’t spend more time catching up! Performances under Corberan get better week in week out, he certainly does his homework on the opposition, I know it’s the hope that kills but mine is back!

I was impressed with Asante today, what a contrast to the lazy Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Thanks Omeg, my first visit to The Vine, what a terrific fans venue.

Good to meet old mates Kets, BaggieAl and his son James, DaveP, Steve and his young son and his dad and bunch of doddering octogenarian mates.
    Been a while since I've been to a game but the Vine was always a favourite. Never looked much from the outside but great atmosphere inside and good grub (maybe not so good if you don't like Indian ! &#128512 As for the doddering lot, best be a bit careful as we're not too far away ourselves now 😮

Anyhow, glad you all managed to meet up and had a great time

Outstanding again, what a difference under a coach that knows what he is doing

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)