+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 12.11.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Second goal was a beauty, great buildup.

Lovely Second goal. Amazing The goal return that Williams has got out of Chicksen. Best thing that happened to Notts was IB leaving.

BBC Ap is always a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So you don't think he'll be head hunted by a Championship club?

#ranoutofpetrol
    In the near future? No chance, maybe never. Tbh you've got to be a Steve Coterill or Sam Allardyce type to manage that.

Yup appears he ran out of petrol in League One. Not bad for a young manager who failed in the National League with Notts

It was indeed a thing of beauty. Composed finish after great interplay in a crowded area of the pitch.

One of my favourite sounds is the combined noise created by unseen away fans when a goal is scored. This clip is a perfect example and makes me smile.

After all the talk recently about us having a thin squad, and Wrexham being much stronger in that department. It seems after reading 'Red Passion' yesterday, their fans were in meltdown over Hayden missing (different rumours) and Cleworth being rested on the bench, presumably. It didn't go down well either when Palmer was pulled, when needing a winner.
    We on the other hand make four changes, and beat our supposed bogey team, in what seems like a cake walk according to Stall.
    Yesterday could have proved to be pivotal, given both teams next six games.
    My only worry, being a one man team of course, is what happens if Chicksen gets injured 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    After all the talk recently about us having a thin squad, and Wrexham being much stronger in that department. It seems after reading 'Red Passion' yesterday, their fans were in meltdown over Hayden missing (different rumours) and Cleworth being rested on the bench, presumably. It didn't go down well either when Palmer was pulled, when needing a winner.
    We on the other hand make four changes, and beat our supposed bogey team, in what seems like a cake walk according to Stall.
    Yesterday could have proved to be pivotal, given both teams next six games.
    My only worry, being a one man team of course, is what happens if Chicksen gets injured 😉
    They’ve never been 100% convinced by Parkinson and that could be their undoing. Notts have a bit of a conundrum regarding getting players in. Whether it’s luck or the players being well managed I would say we have been fortunate injury wise up to now. The challenge is we need to bring in high quality but at the moment there is no player IMO that deserves to lose their place so any signings have to be willing to bide their time or we just get loans in reaction to injuries. I would personally like us to get a couple of permanents threw who are committed to the cause maybe a touch more.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    We’ve taken 5 points from the last 9 and we’re top of the league.
    That’s why it’s so important to be top and trying to get daylight between us and Wrexham. I don’t understand the argument that we’re better off being second, it makes zero sense.
    Psychologically, I think todays change at the top again massively ramps up the pressure on Wrexham.
    I completely agree. There maybe hype surrounding Wrexham and they may seem like a big scary monster to some teams at this level with their Hollywood owners and league one standard of players on big money for this level but we have nothing to fear from them and neither should we. Notts County in the national league should be an equal match for them.

All the pressure is on Wrexham this season. They are expected to be leading the race at a canter even by now due to the investment made over the past season. All the spotlight is on them. They’ve been stuck at this level a lot longer than us as well so their fans will be even more impatient now they have a chance of getting out of this league.

This is where it takes the pressure off us and we can quietly get on with our business setting the pace at the top of the table under the radar (see what I did there ) . We knew this season was going to be tough with Wrexham still in this league and whilst it would have been better had they gone up last season they didn’t. So we had two choices accept the season was over before it started and hand them the title or give it a right good go and give them a real run for their money. Good to see that the club took the latter option. As a fan base we can sit back and enjoy the ride because we knew it was going to be arguably the toughest title challenge we’ve faced in our history.

The longer we keep on top of the mountain the more the pressure and frustration will build for Wrexham. So long may it continue especially if this is still the case come March time when we get to the business end of the season. That will be a real test of mentality. If we could shake them off our tail and get five to six points in front of them that could really be putting us on the path towards something special. Let’s go for it, and enjoy Williamsball football and the goals.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 13-11-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post

Eastleh? Liverpudlian accent?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I completely agree. There maybe hype surrounding Wrexham and they may seem like a big scary monster to some teams at this level with their Hollywood owners and league one standard of players on big money for this level but we have nothing to fear from them and neither should we. Notts County in the national league should be an equal match for them.

All the pressure is on Wrexham this season. They are expected to be leading the race at a canter even by now due to the investment made over the past season. All the spotlight is on them. They’ve been stuck at this level a lot longer than us as well so their fans will be even more impatient now they have a chance of getting out of this league.

This is where it takes the pressure off us and we can quietly get on with our business setting the pace at the top of the table under the radar (see what I did there ) . We knew this season was going to be tough with Wrexham still in this league and whilst it would have been better had they gone up last season they didn’t. So we had two choices accept the season was over before it started and hand them the title or give it a right good go and give them a real run for their money. Good to see that the club took the latter option. As a fan base we can sit back and enjoy the ride because we knew it was going to be arguably the toughest title challenge we’ve faced in our history.

The longer we keep on top of the mountain the more the pressure and frustration will build for Wrexham. So long may it continue especially if this is still the case come March time when we get to the business end of the season. That will be a real test of mentality. If we could shake them off our tail and get five to six points in front of them that could really be putting us on the path towards something special. Let’s go for it, and enjoy Williamsball football and the goals.
    I wouldn’t rule out Chesterfield as they are going quietly about their business, unlike last season.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast