+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does anyone think.....

Does anyone think.....

We might have dodged a bullet not getting Gayle and Delap. Gayle could not make the first eleven on Saturday and when he came on quite early into the game I thought he looked totally disinterested and never looked anything like the player we had for a season. As for Delap I thought he was lost and out of his depth. We apparently wanted both of these players but on that showing I think Wallace and Swift were a much better pair to get into the club.

Dwight Gayle is past his best, it comes to all. Also, perhaps Alex Neil isn’t the right coach to get the best out of Delap, they should appoint Steve Bruce and see what he can do……..

Gayle was never my first choice. Not scored in nearly two years....

I do Dubbs but he has 4 assists, so he has contributed. Every dog has his day, maybe his hot shot days are behind him now.

Past his best but still rather have him than Grant! That says something!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Past his best but still rather have him than Grant! That says something!
    He hasn’t scored in 2 years Al. Grant is way up on that so I would keep Grant. 18 last season versus 0? You really hate the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    He hasn’t scored in 2 years Al. Grant is way up on that so I would keep Grant. 18 last season versus 0? You really hate the guy!
    Talking to all my old friends at the match on Saturday and they were scathing about Grant and his lack of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Talking to all my old friends at the match on Saturday and they were scathing about Grant and his lack of effort.
    That's the thing isn't it, the lack of effort. That's the one thing guaranteed to understandably p iss off the fans. Who knows though, maybe Corberan can turn him around in that department too as he has others? We also all know that he is not a C.F. but with Asante and now Dike both in the frame there is no need for him to play in this role. Grant favours being able to cut in on the left and Corberan (rather sensibly) seems one to play round pegs in round holes so maybe there is a role for Grant yet?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)