+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Ex-Notts Player Signs For...

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Shorty was OK, yet another surprising sacking. Fans moan about his player recruitment, but you get the feeling he was on the end of some budget cuts.
    I’m not sure I agree entirely Gumpy fella. Whilst I agree on the surprise sacking.

He had the entire team from the previous season with the exception of kasper. Except for some average players (facey, Clapham, hoult, canham) and replaced them with players who weren’t fit (burgess) and didn’t give a **** (spicer). Barring Alan Judge (on loan) every player he brought in was poor. That cannot just be budget. Whoever was in charge of recruitment needed shooting.
    I think only Gary mills has as poor a signing record as Short.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I’m not sure I agree entirely Gumpy fella. Whilst I agree on the surprise sacking.

He had the entire team from the previous season with the exception of kasper. Except for some average players (facey, Clapham, hoult, canham) and replaced them with players who weren’t fit (burgess) and didn’t give a **** (spicer). Barring Alan Judge (on loan) every player he brought in was poor. That cannot just be budget. Whoever was in charge of recruitment needed shooting.
    I think only Gary mills has as poor a signing record as Short.
    If I remember correctly when Short was appointed Trew said they would bring in a Technical Director the week after, it was strongly rumoured to be Paul Hart, then for some unknown reason this failed to happen, the first of Trew's many lies yet we all stupidly blamed Short.

As PnR has pointed out on the “4 goals up” thread, Hamza Bencherif & Terry Hawkridge are plying their trade at Worksop Town, and are contributing to the club doing quite well at the moment. Worksop have moved up a level, and my local real-ale boozer, The Mallard on Worksop station has gained footfall due to better opposition bringing a few more fans along.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    If I remember correctly when Short was appointed Trew said they would bring in a Technical Director the week after, it was strongly rumoured to be Paul Hart, then for some unknown reason this failed to happen, the first of Trew's many lies yet we all stupidly blamed Short.
    I don’t blame short for his management, I actually thought he would have come good on that front, sone of the football despite the results was excellent. I blame him for signing a load of crap. Whatever Trew’s lies, that is surely undeniable.

He had a decent squad and added to it with players who simply were not good enough on a number of levels.

We’d have finished safely midtable under him. Trew clearly had different expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    As PnR has pointed out on the “4 goals up” thread, Hamza Bencherif & Terry Hawkridge are plying their trade at Worksop Town, and are contributing to the club doing quite well at the moment. Worksop have moved up a level, and my local real-ale boozer, The Mallard on Worksop station has gained footfall due to better opposition bringing a few more fans along.
    Difficult to see how many more could squeeze into The Mallard, cracking boozer though.

Was at S****horpe Utd v Southport last night - Callum Roberts came on for the second half, can't say he did much of note, I'm sure I saw Ross Fitzsimmons there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Will be at the Worksop v Marine match on sat & downing a few ales in the excellent Mallard at the the station!!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Was at S****horpe Utd v Southport last night - Callum Roberts came on for the second half, can't say he did much of note, I'm sure I saw Ross Fitzsimmons there too?
    Thought i heard in the Summer he was going to Scunny. I assume that was who he was in goal for?

Our once youthful prospect Romello Nangle, now at Carlton Town, has been a naughty boy by shooting himself in the leg.

Got a 4 1/2 year prison sentence for it too.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...player-8925464

Alan Sheehan is temporarily in charge at Swansea.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67618235

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast