+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Gone very quiet hasn't it?

We must be now looking at a load of second choices.

Whoever signs now missed the Portugal trip and is missing pre season training.

I accept some of these things drag on, but it's unusual for the ones that drag on to end up signing.
    Not sure about that DD ?
    Mebbes aye, mebbes Naw.

I still think the Teklic deal will get through , just finalising the haggling over percentages ?

We`ve had players come in much later on and stll hit the ground running. Logan for example ?

Was Adam Rooney not a " later " sigining as well ?

Plenty time yet.............

Unlike the diddy teams in the Skol Cup, our season doesn't start for another few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

I still think the Teklic deal will get through , just finalising the haggling over percentages ?

I know nothing about the lad but it looks like we are holding back with the cash.
    If he's worth it, pay them, if not look elsewhere.

Having said that, I hope this deal goes through sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    We are just not able to compete with the inflated salaries over the border.
    We don't really know why players choose to sign anywhere. Money is bound to be a major factor. However, it would be surprising if Clarkson wasn't offered more money south of the border. So with an overall package (not just money) it seems that we can compete. Doubt we will ever know (and probably should never know these personal details) why Clarkson chose our club.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    We don't really know why players choose to sign anywhere. Money is bound to be a major factor. However, it would be surprising if Clarkson wasn't offered more money south of the border. So with an overall package (not just money) it seems that we can compete. Doubt we will ever know (and probably should never know these personal details) why Clarkson chose our club.
    Except he just told us why , in his ! I`m back " interview, did he nae ?

Could have got more money elsewhere , but the Dons gave him his chance to play regular first team football. And that is what he needs right now to develop his career. And wherever he goes he is lauded by Aberdeen fans.

In short, he`s wanted here , likes it here ,and is enjoying getting a game and playing with a Club and teammates he wants to be with ?

Or maybe it`s something else. Who knows ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    I'm fairly sure we got Clarkson back because he loved his time here last season and wanted to continue to develop as a player.

He has another good season or two, then we know he is off back down the road and that I have no issue with.

I would guess most footballers follow the pounds, just like most folk do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm fairly sure we got Clarkson back because he loved his time here last season and wanted to continue to develop as a player.

He has another good season or two, then we know he is off back down the road and that I have no issue with.

I would guess most footballers follow the pounds, just like most folk do.
    A few £K extra per week, which he’d likely easily have got elsewhere, without necessarily playing regularly, will, I believe, pale into insignificance within 2/3 years, when he is probably going to be earning tens of £K per week. He’s been well advised, I think.

Thon Will Fish that we were linked with a few pages ago is about to join Hibs on loan again.

Barry says that new signing targets have been identified, and we need to be patient.

Anthony Stewart is apparently linking up with Goodwin again, at the Jute!

Possibly just a load of shyte, but excellent if true.

Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast