+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will anyone take Qatar seriously?

To be fair, I think I spotted Mesut Ozil amongst the German supporters.

It will be taken seriously IF England get to 'say' the semis (no pun intended) because suddenly all the political rhetoric and virtue signalling will disintegrate and give up all free will for the 'fix' of a potential footballing victory 'shot'! Rishi Sunak summed it up yesterday when stating that all CEO's in the City should carefully consider awarding bonuses to their executives because of the risk of inflation.NO politician would ever suggest the same applied to footballers because it would be a political disaster.The public get what the public want.

Biggest sham in sporting history. It will be remembered for all the whitewhashing.........

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Biggest sham in sporting history. It will be remembered for all the whitewhashing.........
    It's pigmant of a slightly lighter colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    it’s my pleasure.
    Qatarman

Here in Thailand we won't get to see the World cup.Thai Authorities won't pay for licensce they want to pay less and choose certain games. Big NoNo. The TV coverage of any sport is poor.

Ive never been as disinterested and lacking in enthusiasm for a football tournament in all my 68 years. I think it’s probably down to it being in November. What on earth were FIFA thinking ? Wonder how much coin was given to each of the executive members to oil the decision making wheels ?

I feel the same. No real enthusiasm for it

Wanting England to win is like voting tory. Doing it so that others don't win it. The lesser of evils

I still don't see what gives us the divine right to impose our morals and habits on other countries.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast