+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivan Toney

Presumably he will now be looking at a lengthy ban which seems unfair on Brentford considering most of his misdemeanours seem to have happened before he joined them.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Presumably he will now be looking at a lengthy ban which seems unfair on Brentford considering most of his misdemeanours seem to have happened before he joined them.
    But he’s premiership so will just be a minor rap on the knuckles

To stop this very long bans are needed but that won’t happen

Trippier got ten weeks, this could be a bit more

What's he been gambling on? If it's on games he was involved in yes a lengthy ban. If on nothing he wasn't I don't see a problem.

I seem to remember Peter Swan getting a long ban when Wednesday were in the top flight and he was looking forward to an international career. Compares with Toney somewhat. Anyone remember the details?

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I seem to remember Peter Swan getting a long ban when Wednesday were in the top flight and he was looking forward to an international career. Compares with Toney somewhat. Anyone remember the details?

Just looked it up there were 3 of them incl' Swan gambled on Wednesday to lose against Ipswich which they did a game they were involved in. Think it more or less finished their careers.

1964. Three players were involved, Peter Swan, David 'Bronco' Layne, and Tony Kaye. Layne was reaching the twilight of his career, Kaye had left for eeverton by the time the brown and smelly hit the fan, but the biggest sufferer, was Swan, who was becomimg a fixture at centre half in the England team, and the scandal and subsequent ban meant that he missed the 1966 World Cup, although he did return to the pigs after the ban, but as a shadow of his former self..

I didn't need to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    I didn't need to look it up.
    You're amazing

Didn't Ronnie Moore lose his Tranmere job over £1 bets?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast