+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ivan Toney

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Didn't Ronnie Moore lose his Tranmere job over £1 bets?

Believe he did weren't a member of his family placing bets?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Believe he did weren't a member of his family placing bets?
    He put the bet on for a family member but there was that many rumours so not sure

At the time I thought it was harsh on Tranmere and probably used it just to get rid but who knows

Just looked it up before Stevie Wonder I'm mister know it all! gives us the facts. Ronnie Moore placed a £1 bet via his sister in-law on his own club then Tranmere. So I was on the right track.

We have to remember here that the FA usually only charge the player for offences they are pretty certain actually happened

Looking at the number of offences Toney has been charged with there are probably many more that also occurred but they aren’t pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    1964. Three players were involved, Peter Swan, David 'Bronco' Layne, and Tony Kaye. Layne was reaching the twilight of his career, Kaye had left for eeverton by the time the brown and smelly hit the fan, but the biggest sufferer, was Swan, who was becomimg a fixture at centre half in the England team, and the scandal and subsequent ban meant that he missed the 1966 World Cup, although he did return to the pigs after the ban, but as a shadow of his former self..
    You failed to mention they were all also jailed for four months.

Just looked it up before Stevie Wonder I'm mister know it all! gives us the facts. Ronnie Moore placed a £1 bet via his sister in-law on his own club then Tranmere. So I was on the right track.

Ronnie Moore had 95 bets in total most he put on was £10 per bet. That was his only bet involving his own club at the time Tranmere he doubled them with Manchester United both won £1 stake he put on returns £3.93

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    You failed to mention they were all also jailed for four months.

At the time was a sizeable bet. Each made £100 profit from a stake of £50 for their club to lose. Was said they were covering their win bonuses cause they never get anything at Ipswich. Sheffield Wednesday lost that day.

Ronnie Moore had 95 bets in total most he put on was £10 per bet. That was his only bet involving his own club at the time Tranmere he doubled them with Manchester United both won £1 stake he put on returns £3.93
    It was also for his nephew who wasn't of age for betting 🤭. I miss bookie running (about 14yo) for my grandad 5p round robins 😢

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    It was also for his nephew who wasn't of age for betting 🤭. I miss bookie running (about 14yo) for my grandad 5p round robins 😢

I miss old days drinking in Turf with my Dad going in back door to Corals. Just tannoy no pic's for commentary on race.

I miss old days drinking in Turf with my Dad going in back door to Corals. Just tannoy no pic's for commentary on race.
    Yes I remember seeing that, weren’t you an extra in The Sting?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast