+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you was in charge of the Budget.

If you was in charge of the Budget.

What would you do ?
    How would you fill the black hole ?
    For the likes of Amazon, because they will always avoid paying a fair share of tax in the UK.
    I would charge them for a licence to trade.
    House of Lords if you have got pay them, pay them per hour not day. Sign on ,keep the taxi running or pop in for a subsidised dinner and booze ( I would cut this out right away)
    If part workers only paid £1 NI that would raise a bit. The threshold of £240 before paying it doesn't seem fair for those who pay it.
    Hospital car parks used to belong to us, we should get the profit.
    No goverment contracts for off shore company's.

The Amazon thing is easy........you “tax” these mega companies in a different way.

You no longer tax on profits which they hide by registering those profits in favourable countries, instead you tax based on turnover done with U.K. citizens.

Charge them similar to the way vat is charged, charge them 20% of turnover with nothing allowed against that levy as write downs etc.

A flat fe based on U.K. turnover figures.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    The Amazon thing is easy........you “tax” these mega companies in a different way.

You no longer tax on profits which they hide by registering those profits in favourable countries, instead you tax based on turnover done with U.K. citizens.

Charge them similar to the way vat is charged, charge them 20% of turnover with nothing allowed against that levy as write downs etc.

We need you and Al in charge.
    It's staggering how we waste so much money. Does China need our £68m in aid also India's.
    The old saying look after the penny's and the pounds will look after themselves.

Regarding hospitals, I would give the nurses free parking, it’s a disgrace the amount that they are charged, most of it, I believe, goes to the private car park management company.

Most goes to the hospital / institution the Penalty Charge Notices go to the private parking companies and they make a lot of money
    Normally a majority of the parking revenue goes to the institution unless back handlers are involved
    Sometimes the institution also gets a share of penalty notices too which at £60/100 a pop adds up

Inheritance Tax should be vastly increased.
    Millions of people are these days being 'left' houses in their 50s (eg) by millions of deceased 80s (eg). The recipients haven't EARNED that huge benefit (which is what Tax is all about). So now we're getting comfortably-off 50 year-olds wondering what to do with their £2-£300,00 pound house. And guess what? - they rent it out as holiday homes, thus causing a huge shortage of houses, pumping prices up to ridiculous amounts, which poorer people just can't afford (especially with the Mortgage Rates now chargeable).
    The rich are laughing their b*llocks off and claiming their poor deceased parents 'worked damned hard' for that house. (Not as hard as most poorer people, mind.)
    Tax has GOT to be raised somehow, from somewhere, so why not get it from 2nd home owners. Their FOLKS might have 'earned' it, but THEY haven't.
    (Show me a Tory who agrees with me).

I agree with Micks point about business turnover. But in the long run, all they're really doing is recycling money. What we need is growth, we need to generate more money for this country from overseas to invest correctly back into the system.

Best way to do that is to stop the economic self-harm that is Brexit re-join the EU and in addition to invest in future industries. Both will be a slow process, but we need to make sure we are global market leaders in green technology / healthcare / AI etc. That is how the next generation will be better off.

It's not too late for the next generation, if we make the right decisions now.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Inheritance Tax should be vastly increased.
    Millions of people are these days being 'left' houses in their 50s (eg) by millions of deceased 80s (eg). The recipients haven't EARNED that huge benefit (which is what Tax is all about). So now we're getting comfortably-off 50 year-olds wondering what to do with their £2-£300,00 pound house. And guess what? - they rent it out as holiday homes, thus causing a huge shortage of houses, pumping prices up to ridiculous amounts, which poorer people just can't afford (especially with the Mortgage Rates now chargeable).
    The rich are laughing their b*llocks off and claiming their poor deceased parents 'worked damned hard' for that house. (Not as hard as most poorer people, mind.)
    Tax has GOT to be raised somehow, from somewhere, so why not get it from 2nd home owners. Their FOLKS might have 'earned' it, but THEY haven't.
    (Show me a Tory who agrees with me).
    A long time since I’ve read such unadulterated rubbish on here, absolutely no perspective at all.

My father in law has severe dementia and has had six years of social care which now costs £1000 per week.

We’ve rented his house out for £1000 a month to help towards his costs but his £300k savings have now almost run out so his house is going to be sold.

Only after a court case to evict the present tenants though after a 12 month period of them refusing to pay rent and a long court case costing around £8000.

So this has incurred a loss of £20k for the old man who did work physically hard as a metal worker ALL of his adult life.

The people in the house all claim benefits and don’t work, the two parents and two “kids” all conveniently have “issues” rendering it impossible for them to work yet they love posting pictures of themselves in sunny holiday destinations and out on the p I s s!

We then found out they’d done exactly the same trick on their previous landlord leaving her £24k out of pocket!

A lot of the tax we pay goes to supporting this type of scum and then they end up spending their housing benefits on holidays etc and saying “f u c k you” to landlords!

My father in law paid his taxes, in fact, he was so prudent he never even had a mortgage........back in the 50’s he refused to buy a house until him and mother in law had saved up to buy one outright.

He has paid his income tax and I believe that due to incoming rent he still pays some tax now at nearly 93.

I BBC simply don’t get the argument that families shouldn’t inherit what parents have already paid their legal rate of tax on.

This is an easy statement to make if you don’t come from a family who are able to pass property on at the end of their lives.

It’s the politics of ENVY.

Governments waste billions of £’s every year on stupid projects, the money is better off in the hands of you and I who will spend it and help the economy and keep people in work.

I’m assuming from your post that you didn’t have anything to inherit and you’ve got nothing of your own to pass on to your children then?
    Last edited by mickd1961; 17-11-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Always thought along the same lines, Mick.

The issue is though, these companies are US based, and pay their taxes there, just like BP do here. The Fed would be straight on the phone threatening all sorts of sanctions.

A long time since I’ve read such unadulterated rubbish on here, absolutely no perspective at all.

I’m assuming from your post that you didn’t have anything to inherit and you’ve got nothing of your own to pass on to your children then?
    "A long time since I’ve read such unadulterated rubbish on here" Cheeky b*stard. I stopped coming on this Site 'cos of tw*ts like you.
    And you assume wrong - not that that's any of your business: I was left a lot of money by my folks, but I'd have gladly accepted half of that. So would most socially-conscious people. And my 'kids' feel exactly the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)