+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Human Rights World Cup - my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If they start wearing Rainbow bands and taking the knee, I swear to God I will throw up.
    Better keep the bucket close, BT. I have no idea what trans rights etc has to do with football. Height of hypocrisy when, apparently, gay footballers are scared to «*come out*». With all the armbands and knee taking, *rse licking etc you would have thought that any gay footballers would be worshiped.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Thank God. The World Cup is saved! England will take the knee. And I thought I was going to have to spend the next 3000 years apologising for my crimes.
    It will take a whole lot longer than 3000 years for you to receive atonement Sir Outwood. How was the cruise by the way.

It will take a whole lot longer than 3000 years for you to receive atonement Sir Outwood. How was the cruise by the way.
    Cruise was good with Lisbon being the highlight. I am at present watching Chesterfield v Solihull- surprise to find that Paul Cook is the Spireites manager. “Fantastic Beasts and where to find them- the Crimes of Outwood” could make a decent film. I reckon even if I did 3000 years penance FIFA would still be as corrupt at the end of it as when I started.

Cruise was good with Lisbon being the highlight. I am at present watching Chesterfield v Solihull- surprise to find that Paul Cook is the Spireites manager. “Fantastic Beasts and where to find them- the Crimes of Outwood” could make a decent film. I reckon even if I did 3000 years penance FIFA would still be as corrupt at the end of it as when I started.
    Lisbon is on my bucket list Sir Outwood. We are planning on a week in October next year.

No arm band, and our woke warriors have backed off at the first hint of trouble. If they feel so strongly why are they even there, and why have they backed down. Because they're hypocritical virtue signalling ****ers, the sooner they get themselves home the better, they're embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No arm band, and our woke warriors have backed off at the first hint of trouble. If they feel so strongly why are they even there, and why have they backed down. Because they're hypocritical virtue signalling ****ers, the sooner they get themselves home the better, they're embarrassing.
    Not too much to add to that mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ah the One Love armbands, trumpeted for months and gone in 60 seconds. Still they took the knee which is duly reported on the BBC website as sending a strong statement around the world. A strong message about what exactly?

Ah the One Love armbands, trumpeted for months and gone in 60 seconds. Still they took the knee which is duly reported on the BBC website as sending a strong statement around the world. A strong message about what exactly?
    That they can bend their knees Sir Outwood. Just that, the symbolism has lost its meaning.

That they can bend their knees Sir Outwood. Just that, the symbolism has lost its meaning.
    While the Iranian team and their fans sent a powerful statement to their Government and a world watching, the knee taking in comparison was simply feeble and pathetic. As you say BT it did not even convey a coherent message.

Not too much to add to that mon ami.
    I must add that FIFA, not a body I would normally praise, being as big a set of ****ers as our footballers and corrupt with it, deserve some credit. They made a decision and stuck with it, they called the bluff of our millionaire virtue signallers, and the virtue-signallers blinked first.

Well done FIFA, and you won't see that in print very often.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)