+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley boss TV role at the World Cup

Burnley boss TV role at the World Cup

VK said on numerous occasions he would be spending the break "working with the lads" and getting ready for the QPR game.

Instead, he's in Qatar working for the BBC.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VK said on numerous occasions he would be spending the break "working with the lads" and getting ready for the QPR game.

Your thoughts?

Hopefully he'll spot a few players whilst he's over there, another zaroury would be nice. maybe a commanding centre back or another striker!!

Quote Originally Posted by beabeast View Post
    Hopefully he'll spot a few players whilst he's over there, another zaroury would be nice. maybe a commanding centre back or another striker!!
    Couldn’t agree more beabeast.

Your thoughts?
    Good to have a break from the incessant grind this season has been so far. and he did say there would be a break for everyone before they returned to the training ground. I have no worries, we're top pf the league and top scorers, he does appear to know exactly what he's doing. As for working for the BBC, I just hope he's as good on wokery and virtue-signalling as he is on football, that's what the BBC will be interested in.

This was one of those opening posts that once launched trundled quietly down the slipway and promptly sank beneath the waves. Perhaps it was top heavy with baited hooks. Anywise, although I have been strictly limiting what I watch of the World Cup, I have yet to see or hear VK. Are the Beeb hiding him in a closet? Or has he also vanished without trace?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    This was one of those opening posts that once launched trundled quietly down the slipway and promptly sank beneath the waves. Perhaps it was top heavy with baited hooks. Anywise, although I have been strictly limiting what I watch of the World Cup, I have yet to see or hear VK. Are the Beeb hiding him in a closet? Or has he also vanished without trace?
    I copied and pasted this post on various Burnley FC themed social media outlets just to get a reaction.

Death by strangulation, the electric chair, drowning in a bath of acid were amongst the most pleasant of the responses I got.

I discovered Saint Vincent of Gawthorpe is now revered and MUST NOT be criticized in any shape or form.

I found it odd he's talking Belgian footy in Qatar when he previously mentioned he would appreciate some rest and relaxation and time with his wife and kids. Money obviously talks.

Anyway, disparaging talk on VK is out of bounds for me from now on.

The players were all given time off to do what they please then back to training. He spent his 'Leisure Time' in the nice sunny Qatar in a hotel paid for by the BBC. Not sure but I suspect he had is family with him enjoying a week of sun. There is no point him staying in Gawthorpe when all of the 1st team squad are on a break. As previously mentioned....... A perfect scouting trip......

I copied and pasted this post on various Burnley FC themed social media outlets just to get a reaction.

Death by strangulation, the electric chair, drowning in a bath of acid were amongst the most pleasant of the responses I got.

I discovered Saint Vincent of Gawthorpe is now revered and MUST NOT be criticized in any shape or form.

I found it odd he's talking Belgian footy in Qatar when he previously mentioned he would appreciate some rest and relaxation and time with his wife and kids. Money obviously talks.

Anyway, disparaging talk on VK is out of bounds for me from now on.
    I don't see any disparaging of VK, you asked a perfectly valid question based on what VK had said he was going to do during the WC break. Some people are far too touchy, they need to take lessons from you and me mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    The players were all given time off to do what they please then back to training. He spent his 'Leisure Time' in the nice sunny Qatar in a hotel paid for by the BBC. Not sure but I suspect he had is family with him enjoying a week of sun. There is no point him staying in Gawthorpe when all of the 1st team squad are on a break. As previously mentioned....... A perfect scouting trip......
    One thing I have found out C_M, is that VK's stock is very high at present amongst most Burnley fans and so it should be.

I cannot imagine he will be in the manager's seat at Turf Moor for very long though.

One thing I have found out C_M, is that VK's stock is very high at present amongst most Burnley fans and so it should be.

I cannot imagine he will be in the manager's seat at Turf Moor for very long though.
    Until he takes over at Man City after Pep..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)