+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qatar stadiums

Yes very impressed but what will happen once tournament is finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Unbelievable that they are retaining only one as the national stadium and they are to dismantle the rest when the World Cup is over.

Money to burn..,,
    Is Tony over there trying to make a deal on some 2nd seats to extend NYS?

More likely come back with some shipping containers, tents and crates of bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Unbelievable that they are retaining only one as the national stadium and they are to dismantle the rest when the World Cup is over.

Money to burn..,,
    And no doubt using migrant works again,once the World Cup finishes nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    And no doubt using migrant works again,once the World Cup finishes nothing will change.
    Yep, giving those migrant workers a job, a wage and stopping them from starving, it has to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yep, giving those migrant workers a job, a wage and stopping them from starving, it has to stop
    And it probably will given the accident death toll

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    And it probably will given the accident death toll
    Like the 30 killed in the construction sector in the UK last year

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Like the 30 killed in the construction sector in the UK last year
    Thirty is a terrible indictment of the UK building industry's safety record. Pity you can't be more outraged about the thousands who have died in Qatar since they won the WC bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Thirty is a terrible indictment of the UK building industry's safety record. Pity you can't be more outraged about the thousands who have died in Qatar since they won the WC bid.
    I'm not sure what you've been reading Patty but by now most of the 'reputable' news sources have dismissed that theory and put the number around 50. Still not good but by no means the 6,500 I saw mentioned in one article.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-11-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm not sure what you've been reading Patty but by now most of the 'reputable' news sources have dismissed that theory and put the number around 50. Still not good but by no means the 6,500 I saw mentioned in one article.
    Can you give details of the "reputable new sources" you've found Cam? Can't believe Grist hasn't already quoted them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'm not sure what you've been reading Patty but by now most of the 'reputable' news sources have dismissed that theory and put the number around 50.
    That’s because the original figures included those that died at work. So for example a Qatari migrant having a heart attack in the office car park would be in those figures. So the real construction deaths are much, much lower than the Guardian would have you believe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast