+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Wrays butchers closed.

I use Meat Mart at Hellaby Rotherham & Barnsley [behind Morrison's supermarket]

Usually get big lump beef silver side & 2 big loins pork, cut the joints up to what
    sizes I want, plus packs bacon etc.
    Which I did last Wednesday at Barnsley, they knock off £2.50p for every £50 or £55
    spent, I go in get over £50 worth get £2.50p knocked off, tell them my brother is
    coming in when I go.
    Put meat in the car boot, go back in, ask them if my brother has just been in, a new
    lass on last time, she couldn't stop giggling.
    Regular staff know what I do, I told new lass there were 3 brothers & 3rd brother was
    coming in.
    So best to buy separate purchases, end up with more money off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I use Meat Mart at Hellaby Rotherham & Barnsley [behind Morrison's supermarket]

Usually get big lump beef silver side & 2 big loins pork, cut the joints up to what
    sizes I want, plus packs bacon etc.
    Which I did last Wednesday at Barnsley, they knock off £2.50p for every £50 or £55
    spent, I go in get over £50 worth get £2.50p knocked off, tell them my brother is
    coming in when I go.
    Put meat in the car boot, go back in, ask them if my brother has just been in, a new
    lass on last time, she couldn't stop giggling.
    Regular staff know what I do, I told new lass there were 3 brothers & 3rd brother was
    coming in.
    So best to buy separate purchases, end up with more money off.
    They're laughing ELK because they give £10 off if you spend over £100

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    They're laughing ELK because they give £10 off if you spend over £100
    Not so lucky mate, used to get a big lump of silverside beef, for around £70-£75, now same just over £100.
    So I get a load of salmon cuts of beef.

Not so lucky mate, used to get a big lump of silverside beef, for around £70-£75, now same just over £100.
    ELK how much for Top Side Beef,Silverside too tough for me nice tasteful but not for me.

Very sad to see that The Ring Shop has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    ELK how much for Top Side Beef,Silverside too tough for me nice tasteful but not for me.
    Sorry Lolmorgan, can not remember the prices, at the Barnsley Meat Mart they had a very big joint
    of rump steak, buy that & cut your owns steaks.
    I have never had any problems with Meat Mart [Formerly Crawshaws premises], pork loins & beef
    very good.
    I used Underwood's at Parkgate at one time, also the butchers on the retail park near the old
    GEC factory at Swinton, the butchers at Swinton supply a lot of restaurants / pubs, colleges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Soon, everything will be closed sota, it's had it, or like we knew it,..a question to you though..did u play for ferham park avenue ? Just asking..

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    sota, the SP is the owner recently passed away. His good Lady Wife and I believe Son, closed the shop down for a stock inventory.
    They re opened for a few weeks and ended by reducing almost everything by up to 50% to clear their stock. She explained to me that the foot flow in the town was now virtually non existent hence their decision to close. The store was open for more than 127 years!

Here is their closing statement....A Rotherham retailer with over 100 years of history in the town centre has announced that it will close.

The Ring Shop on Corporation Street, also known as Smith Brothers, made the announcement last week that it will close its doors on February 18.

The jewellers has been a mainstay in the town, with the Swann family supplying Rotherham folk with engagement rings, wedding rings, watches and more.

In a post on Facebook, The Ring Shop said: "It is with heavy hearts that we announce the closing of Smith Brothers The Ring Shop, after 127 years at the centre of Rotherham.

"We are proud to have served multiple generations of families over the years, and we want to acknowledge the loyalty of our customers by offeringeductions of up to 50% off across our collections''

Very sad news indeed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234