+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive quote from our Manager from last night.

Positive quote from our Manager from last night.

"We're here to produce a product on the pitch, and we'll only do that with good people.

"This group of players represent their club in fantastic manner."

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    "We're here to produce a product on the pitch, and we'll only do that with good people.

Some people on this board dont agree with the good people scenario Scum, as the constant sniping we had under our last manager. UTM

You hear this more and more nowadays about good people from commentators to managers doing interveiws

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Some people on this board dont agree with the good people scenario Scum, as the constant sniping we had under our last manager. UTM

That could be why I picked this quote over all - It was a stick to beat Warne with but Taylor has the same Ethos.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    That could be why I picked this quote over all - It was a stick to beat Warne with but Taylor has the same Ethos.
    I took it to mean good players.

A team of nuns wouldn’t win us anything

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Fortunately Warne took it to mean both good players and of good ethics, hence the great years we had under his management.

I'm getting the feeling that Taylor is the right man to kick us on to the next level. This doesn't mean he will ditch pretty much everything Warne stood for. Rather, he will add to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

If he meant good players he’d have said that. But you have to be a good player to play at this level so it’s a given. He’s hardly going to say he wants to sign poor or average players.

He said good people.

The full quote.

He was asked specifically about ethics.

MT on his mantra of having good people in his side as a manger

"We need that natural connection, we don't want to force it.

"You guys love this team for how hard they work, they're not always perfect but they work their socks off.

I should have been there! Go on ability 1st I'm not saying get players in who are a disruption to the squad. I'm hoping Warney comes back for Wood. Time to give McCart & Hull a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I should have been there! Go on ability 1st I'm not saying get players in who are a disruption to the squad. I'm hoping Warney comes back for Wood. Time to give McCart & Hull a chance.
    Yes who knows how many firebrand players we missed out on because they didn't fit the nice test?

If you believe social media rumours Barry Bannan was one of them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast