+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England v France Match Thoughts

England v France Match Thoughts

I'm not going to lie my juices are flowing for this game tonight despite my previous lack of enthusiasm for this particular world cup so far .

No doubt we are set for yet another rollercoaster of a night .

How Southgate will set his team up remains a mystery right now , will he stick to the same team and formation that beat Senegal last Sunday night or will he change the system and go to three at the back to try and counter the threat of Mbappe ? .

If he changes the system and we get beat he's going to receive huge criticism and it could be his last game as England HC that much I will say .

Personally I'd leave the team the same as Sunday night , Walker is quick and experienced enough to deal with Mbappe in my opinion .

However I'm not the England HC .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm not going to lie my juices are flowing for this game tonight despite my previous lack of enthusiasm for this particular world cup so far .

No doubt we are set for yet another rollercoaster of a night .

How Southgate will set his team up remains a mystery right now , will he stick to the same team and formation that beat Senegal last Sunday night or will he change the system and go to three at the back to try and counter the threat of Mbappe ? .

If he changes the system and we get beat he's going to receive huge criticism and it could be his last game as England HC that much I will say .

Personally I'd leave the team the same as Sunday night , Walker is quick and experienced enough to deal with Mbappe in my opinion .

However I'm not the England HC .
    Mouthwatering game this. Been looking forrard to it since last Sunday. I reckon the victors tonight will lift the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Mouthwatering game this. Been looking forrard to it since last Sunday. I reckon the victors tonight will lift the trophy.
    I daren't even think about that Pass .

I daren't even think about that Pass .
    It's not summat ad normally say Animal but based on what I've seen in this world cup, these two are the best teams imo.

Tonight I want our lads and the manager to do themselves justice and if things go our way, then I'm sure that we'll get a positive result

Not counting our pen claim that should be 0-0 haft time all day long officiating left us trailing.

Nothing wrong with how we are playing if the game is still 0-0 but second half we’ve got to try and find someone to stretch them a bit somehow. Maybe Rashford.

We’ve had better refs down at Oakwell this season than this bag of s*it.

Definitely edged that game. Ref was not great. Feel sorry for Kane because taking that second penalty is difficult. Very unlucky all round.

Happens too many times for it just to be down to bad luck in my opinion .

The truth is when it comes to the very big moments we bottle it and haven't got the mental strength .

If the keeper gets lucky and saves Kane's penalty then that's one thing but to smash it three foot over the bar is a different thing altogether .

Always ends the same way with England and there's a reason for it , we are weak in the head .

Nobody wins owt at this level weak in the head .

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    Definitely edged that game. Ref was not great. Feel sorry for Kane because taking that second penalty is difficult. Very unlucky all round.
    Hard one to take Arby. England were superb tonight I thought. How did we lose that???

Happens too many times for it just to be down to bad luck in my opinion .

The truth is when it comes to the very big moments we bottle it and haven't got the mental strength .

If the keeper gets lucky and saves Kane's penalty then that's one thing but to smash it three foot over the bar is a different thing altogether .

Always ends the same way with England and there's a reason for it , we are weak in the head .

Nobody wins owt at this level weak in the head .
    Knee jerk reaction and understandably so. Hard one to take. Kane buried that first penalty so we don't always bottle it. I thought England played some outstanding football tonight and were the better side. We somehow lose but fair play to the lads out there, they made me proud tonight. Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast