+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Lockerbie disaster, where were you when you heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    9/11 I was chatting to Chaz Robinson at GET7

I think Brecks was also there that day
    Chaz was my best mate when I lived in Wentworth. We use to go out for a beer two or three nights per week. Sorely missed. He was a true gent.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Chaz was my best mate when I lived in Wentworth. We use to go out for a beer two or three nights per week. Sorely missed. He was a true gent.
    On that we agree

Chaz lived in one of those old school houses didn’t he? The block with the old clock?

The first disaster I remember was the Aberfan land slide. Still remember the stark black and white news reels. I was seven.

A man accused of making the bomb that downed Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, 34 years ago was told he would not face the death penalty as he appeared in a US court.
    The US alleges that Abu Agila Masud was a Libyan intelligence operative and played a key role in the 1988 attack, which left 270 people dead.
    Scottish and US officials announced on Sunday that Mr Masud was in US custody.
    He is the first person charged on US soil in connection with the attack.
    A device on board the Boeing 747 exploded as the flight was flying over the English-Scottish border, killing 243 passengers, six crew and 11 local residents on the ground - including a family of four.
    The dead were citizens of 21 different countries, including 190 Americans and 43 Britons.
    It remains the deadliest terrorist incident to have taken place on British soil.
    At Monday's hearing, US Magistrate Judge Robin Meriweather elected to delay the formal reading of charges until after Mr Masud secures legal representation for his trial. He did not enter any plea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12