+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One other very good sign.....

One other very good sign.....

Coming from behind to win.

The last time we managed to do this I was still suckling on the teat!

Once your side can do this you know you’re on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

And especially on a freezing night up north on a Monday night. We never win on a Monday night, I don't think.
    This proves to me Mick, that the break actually served us well. I think our offensive or push for automatic position is a real possibility.

Whilst an automatic promotion place looks a stretch too far, given how tight the championship is this year, the playoffs are becoming a distinct possibility. We always had a level of quality within this squad that should never have seen us languishing in the bottom part of the table but with Bruce gone and Corberan able to turn things around, things are certainly looking up. I like Asante but getting Dike back is a real boost as is the acquisition of Rogic. The confidence has returned and, alongside Corberan's focus on competitiveness, this is having an impact. Nice to see so many positives for a change isn't it!

It's so refreshing to have a young ambitious manager who reads the game and can make the necessary changes when needed.
    Dike is a big bonus if we keep him fit.
    Asante is still adjusting to life at this level but so far has done much better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Whilst an automatic promotion place looks a stretch too far, given how tight the championship is this year, the playoffs are becoming a distinct possibility. We always had a level of quality within this squad that should never have seen us languishing in the bottom part of the table but with Bruce gone and Corberan able to turn things around, things are certainly looking up. I like Asante but getting Dike back is a real boost as is the acquisition of Rogic. The confidence has returned and, alongside Corberan's focus on competitiveness, this is having an impact. Nice to see so many positives for a change isn't it!
    Dike has to play ahead of Asante if fit if we only play one man up top, I don’t see us playing a front pair although I’d like to see us go 4-4-2 and try it out.

Dike has to play ahead of Asante if fit if we only play one man up top, I don’t see us playing a front pair although I’d like to see us go 4-4-2 and try it out.
    Agree

Another good sign is his judgement. Putting faith in Bartley and building his confidence, in my view he and Ajayi are our best Centre halves. Notice that Grant, Grady and Livermore have been pushed to the periphery. I don't want to bash individual players, but we have better players than those in their positions. And he's playing those other players, and its working.

Just a great performance for all the reasons mentioned. from Spain to Sunderland on a freezing night. Took the bull by the horns at half time and rode it like John Waynes stunt double.

Think they flashed the stat up and it was something like 28 games since we came back to win !!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Another good sign is his judgement. Putting faith in Bartley and building his confidence, in my view he and Ajayi are our best Centre halves. Notice that Grant, Grady and Livermore have been pushed to the periphery. I don't want to bash individual players, but we have better players than those in their positions. And he's playing those other players, and its working.
    Agree on the CBs… Ajayi and Bartley should be the central pairing. Dike for Thomas-Asante. Rogic for Philips. Would like to see Gardner-Hickman in there as well … at least we have options on the bench now … and don’t have to rely on “the same old” …. Can’t see Livermore getting a look in now … Grant and Grady will need to work hard too ….

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)