+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Chesterfield postponed

I was surprised Maidenhead got our game on this past Saturday, but fair play to them. I'll be equally surprised if tomorrow night's game survives, but I assume the officials will make a decision fairly early tomorrow for the sake of any fans travelling from Gateshead. I can't believe some Wrexham fans (or one at least!) are suggesting we're trying to connive to get the game on. Clearly the decision lies in the hands of the referee and ground safety folks. If there is any pressure to fulfill the fixture it will most likely come from the league administrators who don't like having a backlog.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  17.7 KB
    Last edited by tied_up_in_notts; 12-12-2022 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    As ever, good value to be had on the Wrexham message board. Evil Notts putting people’s lives at risk.

‘ I suspect our decision has been based on safety of the players and the spectators ...... Notts decision ro try to carry on is likely based on a desperate desire to try to strengthen their position by any means possible - could really back fire on them if they end up dropping points on a rapidly freezing pitch , or picking up a nasty injury on a pitch that shouldn't have been played on ..... looks like it's a gamble they're prepared to take’.

He does know it’s the ref who makes these decisions doesn’t he?

To be honest he's probably one of their plastic American fans, so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  17.7 KB
    Brilliant

I think the council have a say in the game being on because of safety in the surrounding streets and roads.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I was surprised Maidenhead got our game on this past Saturday, but fair play to them. I'll be equally surprised if tomorrow night's game survives, but I assume the officials will make a decision fairly early tomorrow for the sake of any fans travelling from Gateshead. I can't believe some Wrexham fans (or one at least!) are suggesting we're trying to connive to get the game on. Clearly the decision lies in the hands of the referee and ground safety folks. If there is any pressure to fulfill the fixture it will most likely come from the league administrators who don't like having a backlog.
    Think the sun being out and the small stands allowing it to warm the pitch helped.

I would like to think the council should be nowhere near having a say in whether the game goes ahead or not. Surely people can make their own decisions as to whether they are capable of walking to the ground without mishap. Otherwise it makes no sense for clubs to try and get games played in frosty/snowy conditions.
    As long as we do the job tonight, the decision to call off the Wrexham v Chesterfield is terrific for us.

... smacks of insecurity by Wrexham fan ... a kind of inner desperation ... COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I would like to think the council should be nowhere near having a say in whether the game goes ahead or not. Surely people can make their own decisions as to whether they are capable of walking to the ground without mishap. Otherwise it makes no sense for clubs to try and get games played in frosty/snowy conditions.
    As long as we do the job tonight, the decision to call off the Wrexham v Chesterfield is terrific for us.
    The council don't have a say thank god

The council do have a say. Where do you think Notts get there safety certificate from each season ???
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-12-2022 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast