+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrexham v Chesterfield postponed

Wrexham v Chesterfield postponed

Frozen pitch

-2 all day here tomorrow will we do the same??

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Frozen pitch

-2 all day here tomorrow will we do the same??
    Hope not. Would love the psychological lift of moving 4 points clear (assuming we win).
    The worse thing about that game being postponed is that Chesterfield could lose Tshimanga before the game is played, where as I was hopeful of a draw tomorrow.
    Oh well. Still all in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Hope not. Would love the psychological lift of moving 4 points clear (assuming we win).
    The worse thing about that game being postponed is that Chesterfield could lose Tshimanga before the game is played, where as I was hopeful of a draw tomorrow.
    Oh well. Still all in our hands.
    I was thinking it'll now be played after Wrexham have dipped into the January transfer window and overpaid on L1 players to buy the league.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I was thinking it'll now be played after Wrexham have dipped into the January transfer window and overpaid on L1 players to buy the league.
    They did last week with signing Andy Cannon, he’s a very decent signing tbf.

As ever, good value to be had on the Wrexham message board. Evil Notts putting people’s lives at risk.

‘ I suspect our decision has been based on safety of the players and the spectators ...... Notts decision ro try to carry on is likely based on a desperate desire to try to strengthen their position by any means possible - could really back fire on them if they end up dropping points on a rapidly freezing pitch , or picking up a nasty injury on a pitch that shouldn't have been played on ..... looks like it's a gamble they're prepared to take’.

He does know it’s the ref who makes these decisions doesn’t he?

This time tomorrow (6:45pm) it'll be an hour before kick off and a degree lower, -2 at 8pm Tuesday according to the BBC. Go outside now for 10 minutes.

I attended almost every night match in the 1980s and 1990s and can not remember ever going to a game when it was this cold. Fair play to Notts for being able to get the pitch playable. but do fans want to sit in -2 cold for nearly 2 hours? I suppose most will say it'll be worth it if we get 3 points. Let's hope it's not a 0-0 bore.

Pitches can be playable but if terracing is a risk then can be called off afaik

Play the game if possible. If we get a win, 3pts is all that matters will put pressure on the taffs

Think how cold it would be without global warming

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    As ever, good value to be had on the Wrexham message board. Evil Notts putting people’s lives at risk.

‘ I suspect our decision has been based on safety of the players and the spectators ...... Notts decision ro try to carry on is likely based on a desperate desire to try to strengthen their position by any means possible - could really back fire on them if they end up dropping points on a rapidly freezing pitch , or picking up a nasty injury on a pitch that shouldn't have been played on ..... looks like it's a gamble they're prepared to take’.

He does know it’s the ref who makes these decisions doesn’t he?
    Been -7C over there, they must think we have hed the same. Their covers work to -4C, same as ours I believe. At -2C, shouldn't be a problem, except for fans freezing their rocks off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast