+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January Transfer Rumours

January Transfer Rumours

Okay is there anybody still out there. Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours regarding incoming and outgoing deals this January. At the moment I have heard nothing whatsoever and have seen that Glyn Chamberlain, our Head of Recruitment, has apparently left us a couple of weeks ago according to Twitter. Surely worth a mention on our official website and no sign on there of an advert for a successor.
    I will be devastated if Offord leaves us in January but would not blame him one bit.

Just as a point of interest, Glyn Chamberlain was a recruitment consultant, presumably on a part time basis. Consultants are not usually employed by the organisation.
    Josh Kennard is Head of Recruitment.

Yes, Chamberlain was only a consultant and as such was not an employee of the club.
    Still, don't know any rumours but we need a forward with potential for goals. And a RB and perhaps another midfielder.
    Reading between the lines a certain midfielder will probably moved on.
    Would anybody want Brook to extend?

I think Brook has done OK and deserves another 6 months. Leshabala can go and, if poss, replace him with a striker.

If Brook stays he MUST play as a winger rather than just midfield. He can carry the ball and take defenders on. This is the skill we are currently missing. Unfortunately, for a lot of his loan he has played too deep.

To be fair to both Alex and Lee, Brook has had to play in midfield because we've been without Colket and Ainley for most of the season. Leshbala has been a disappointment and King is very inconsistent. Doesn't leave a lot to partner Thomas and Uwakwe.