+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dike is back

There is often a comment about players that played for the reds over the years, it’s not gloating or fault finding in their performance with the new club they join, but grass is not always greener and some are sat on the bench week in and week out, apart from John stones a town lad not many have gone on to better things , but as sad as it sounds I look for old players who left and see how they are performing for their new clubs it’s footballing interest that I like to do, call me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1957 View Post
    There is often a comment about players that played for the reds over the years, it’s not gloating or fault finding in their performance with the new club they join, but grass is not always greener and some are sat on the bench week in and week out, apart from John stones a town lad not many have gone on to better things , but as sad as it sounds I look for old players who left and see how they are performing for their new clubs it’s footballing interest that I like to do, call me crazy
    I follow ex players as well. It's interesting to see how their careers pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I follow ex players as well. It's interesting to see how their careers pan out.
    I take the sadness to the next level and check how our recent ex coaches are doing.

Morais--now at Sepenhan in Persian Gulf League

Stendel--presently unemployed after being sacked from Nancy

Struber--back in the Red Bull family at New York RB in MLS

Ismael--at Besiktas in Turkey

Schopp--at TSV Hartberg in Austria

Asbaghi--Assistant Coach at Red Star Belgrade

Duff--becomes Head Coach at Bristol City following sacking of Nigel Pearson in January 2023

How can anyone have an understanding of what is happening on the pitch - if they have no understanding of what has happened off the pitch ?

Everything we see now is a consequence of the recent history of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    How can anyone have an understanding of what is happening on the pitch - if they have no understanding of what has happened off the pitch ?

Everything we see now is a consequence of the recent history of the club.
    And the Dike debacle is one of the biggest influences of where we are now, in my opinion. As SB pointed out, I think it's unlikely we'll know any more about this due to an NDA. But we can guess and speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I take the sadness to the next level and check how our recent ex coaches are doing.

Duff--becomes Head Coach at Bristol City following sacking of Nigel Pearson in January 2023
    Lol.interesting that SB

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Thas forgot our local lad Hecky

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    And Tom👍

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Well - since you mention Hecky.
    When he left the club I called Radio Sheffield 4 times to ask them to investigate the reasons why he left.
    I was repeatedly told by Radio Dee Dar that he had gone to something bigger and better - but radio Dee Dar would say that wouldn’t they.
    Many supporters on the message boards also followed the same line.
    I suspected that this wasn’t the case because listening to his previous interviews it was clear something was very wrong behind the scenes.
    We now know that Hecky was manoeuvred out of his post at Barnsley.
    What I suspected about Hecky is similar to what I suspect about Dike.
    That is to say - the truth is far removed from what most supporters think happened.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234