+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dike is back

Nudge, I know you are prone to/ happy to believe everything individuals at Barnsley FC say but no one would actually state 100% at the time that Dike had signed a permanent deal with the club. Dane used his contacts at Orlando to bring him over on loan but from then on it was all a series of nods and winks to the media and fans about Dike's future.

As Shads says no actual official club statement was ever made that Dike had signed a permanent deal with Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Nudge, I know you are prone to/ happy to believe everything individuals at Barnsley FC say but no one would actually state 100% at the time that Dike had signed a permanent deal with the club. Dane used his contacts at Orlando to bring him over on loan but from then on it was all a series of nods and winks to the media and fans about Dike's future.

As Shads says no actual official club statement was ever made that Dike had signed a permanent deal with Barnsley.
    Of course I believe everything the club says.
    If you don’t take that approach then why would you actually listen to anything they said.
    It would be a real detrimental step back if supporters didn’t believe a word the club said.

I have never claimed that Barnsley signed a permanent deal for Dike.

All what I’ve said is repeating what Dane Murphy said at the time.
    Basically his comments were along the lines of - a young untried striker from Orlando called Dike has signing on loan - hopefully he will be able to hack it in the Championship and if he does ok then a figure has been agreed for a permanent deal.

Well he did far better than just ok.
    But he returned to Orlando.
    Was it because he didn’t like England ?
    Well that can’t be the case because he’s now at WBA.
    I believe something went wrong at the Barnsley side of the deal.
    But we have never been told what that was.
    They are probably ashamed to admit it.

It’s water under the bridge now.
    But the incident had a massive barring on the immediate future of the club.
    Would Barnsley have been relegated the following season if Dike was still present - alongside Morris.
    I doubt it.
    Plus of course - £££millions were lost in the eventual value of that player.
    With further £££millions lost through the consequences of relegation.

Dike played well , WBA looked a far better team than Blunderland a league above I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    If you don’t take that approach then why would you actually listen to anything they said.
    It would be a real detrimental step back if supporters didn’t believe a word the club said.

Basically his comments were along the lines of - a young untried striker from Orlando called Dike has signing on loan - hopefully he will be able to hack it in the Championship and if he does ok then a figure has been agreed for a permanent deal.

Would Barnsley have been relegated the following season if Dike was still present - alongside Morris.
    I doubt it.
    It is odd that Murphy's contract ended without comment or a word of thanks, not even 21 words.

The lack of comment about Dike by Murphy suggests a Non Disclosure Agreement to me but I do not know that for certain. Neither does anyone else beyond a close circle inside the club.

It's a poor way to treat fans. Summat's not reyt darn theear.

It is odd that Murphy's contract ended without comment or a word of thanks, not even 21 words.

The lack of comment about Dike by Murphy suggests a Non Disclosure Agreement to me but I do not know that for certain. Neither does anyone else beyond a close circle inside the club.

It's a poor way to treat fans. Summat's not reyt darn theear.
    You are right all a bit cloak & dagger , interestingly despite getting promoted with Forest Murphy has again been moved on , he seems to a good job on the surface but are there underlying problems with him ?, I don"t know I"m just throwing it out for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

I doubt it.
    You did say he had been signed , you said that we let him slip through our hands despite a deal being signed , thats why I commented that I had not seen anything official from the club .

Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmnnnnmm…

Dike, Murphy….. who gives a f…

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

All part of the rich recent history of BFC Jules, the discussion being started by Dike's TV match performance last week.

History can provide lessons as to what not to do. Many a discussion takes place on football message boards about people and events from the past.

All part of the rich recent history of BFC Jules, the discussion being started by Dike's TV match performance last week.

History can provide lessons as to what not to do. Many a discussion takes place on football message boards about people and events from the past.
    People are bored, that's why they talk. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

Totally agree mi owd.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast