+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Walsall

Walsall

I assume this match will be played - unless the ground is still frozen when it rains.
    Will they play Zac in his best position, I.e. CH? I would play him on the left of a back 3 and therefore let a more natural LB/LWB, Adebisi play. However, I would like to bet that Bell plays Adebisi RB and puts Kelvin in a back 3.
    Of course, he could stick to a back 4 but then, as discussed a number of times on this site and elsewhere, that would mean trusting BSD in a role he's not, historically excelled in. Furthermore, it would mean having 2 CHs of a similar nature playing next to each other.
    Up front, again I would prefer Brook to Sambou in a 2 with Agyei. This would mean a middle 3 of Colkett, Thomas and Uwakwe.
    In terms of the result, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Warmer weather forecast for Saturday so hopefully good to go. Personally I think Zac has been a liability for the recent games. He is a walking booking every game and the red mists seem to descend at every tackle. I would leave him out altogether. Back 4 for me, Mellor, Macdonald, SD and Adebisi.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Warmer weather forecast for Saturday so hopefully good to go. Personally I think Zac has been a liability for the recent games. He is a walking booking every game and the red mists seem to descend at every tackle. I would leave him out altogether. Back 4 for me, Mellor, Macdonald, SD and Adebisi.
    I live well south of Crewe, I would say the match has little chance of being played it was -9 here last night, although the forecast is for 4c on Saturday afternoon overnight frosts still persist. It takes time for ground to thaw, like us Walsall have no underground heating.

Can't see it going ahead personally so I'll reserve judgement on the score. I believe that there is an inspection happening tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Warmer weather forecast for Saturday so hopefully good to go.
    Perhaps I'll give pitch forecasts a miss in the future lol