+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chorley Pitch Inspection 4PM

So if the alternative fixture date is Tuesday and Barnet's game tomorrow is abandoned, Tuesday's match will be off anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've got some respect for this Trophy as the primary non-league cup competition, but no respect at all for its organiser the FA. I cannot see why it should displace a far more important National League game, and I'd be saying that irrespective of the implications for our title race with Wrexham. The FA Trophy - whilst far more worthy of its existence than the EFL Cup will ever be - is still a secondary competition and frankly should know its role in this situation. The Barnet game should take precedence. Unfortunately, this is the Football Association we're talking about, so an inflated sense of self-importance and lack of common sense (and repeatedly 'bringing the game into disrepute') are the only things they can ever guarantee!
    Like any cup competition, ties need to be played in a timely manner so that the next round can be played on time. League fixtures can be played at any time up until the end of April/ early May.

Wrexham's FA trophy tomorrow has been called off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12