+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I think the Chairman said the club would be losing X pounds being relegated and seems the Board are just making the loss up by their contributions. I don't think the academy will be an issue as the Chairman made a big sprose of that in his speech following LB's appointment as perm manager. I would still like to know how much we pay if anything but maybe the Board want to keep that information private? It could be they may want to air the possibility of fans buying shares etc?
    I would be interested if they do but of course it would mean some unpicking of the equal 12.5% shares agreed with the Hassell buyout.

Old post

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I think the Chairman said the club would be losing X pounds being relegated and seems the Board are just making the loss up by their contributions. I don't think the academy will be an issue as the Chairman made a big sprose of that in his speech following LB's appointment as perm manager. I would still like to know how much we pay if anything but maybe the Board want to keep that information private? It could be they may want to air the possibility of fans buying shares etc?
    Someone posted this a few months ago. What people who want to get rid of the academy don't realise that by doing that we would have no gym. no indoor facilities no practice pitches etc

I think I need to make an apology as the external funding to EFL clubs including ours is shown below (£1.2m) and to be honest is quite considerable and pity the club doesn't share this information to fans as its quite or more than relevant when funding for the club, first team and academy is concerned. I may be wrong a little bit but the funding that is provided is very considerable and why perhaps our club persists with the Cat2 academy as they would probably lose a huge chunk if they downgraded or eliminated it.. Therefore its a pointless exercise to keep on about this.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Someone posted this a few months ago. What people who want to get rid of the academy don't realise that by doing that we would have no gym. no indoor facilities no practice pitches etc

I think I need to make an apology as the external funding to EFL clubs including ours is shown below (£1.2m) and to be honest is quite considerable and pity the club doesn't share this information to fans as its quite or more than relevant when funding for the club, first team and academy is concerned. I may be wrong a little bit but the funding that is provided is very considerable and why perhaps our club persists with the Cat2 academy as they would probably lose a huge chunk if they downgraded or eliminated it.. Therefore its a pointless exercise to keep on about this.
    Good luck trying to stop him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Good luck trying to stop him!!!
    Well, you won't that is for sure. Strange that we went a hundred years without all that stuff and we have players injured the whole time as a result. Also the funding for Cat2 maybe very good but NO other club our size in the WHOLE of the football leagues don't want it...I wonder why if its so good?
    Also the players haven't the skills they used to have. I wonder why? Running round the block is quite good and free too!!!!

"NO CLUB .... DON'T WANT IT"
    Clarify???????

There's lot's of things that we didn't have for a hundred years or so... like antibiotics, heart surgery, mobile phones etc. I suppose that makes them no good either.
    Oops! Sorry, talking logic again! Must do better!.

[QUOTE=gazan;40175457]"NO CLUB .... DON'T WANT IT"
    Clarify???????[
    Yes, I spotted that too.

[QUOTE=jimmyboldon;40175522]
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    "NO CLUB .... DON'T WANT IT"
    Clarify???????[
    Yes, I spotted that too.

The big problem for the club is where the revenue comes from to put out a competitive first team, gates at Gresty Road are dwindling as a result of the current economic climate, the change in the towns demographic and quite frankly poor quality football the boards only option is to allow somebody onto the board who has a few quid to spend rare as hens teeth I suppose.

[QUOTE=Wartman;40175545]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post

The big problem for the club is where the revenue comes from to put out a competitive first team, gates at Gresty Road are dwindling as a result of the current economic climate, the change in the towns demographic and quite frankly poor quality football the boards only option is to allow somebody onto the board who has a few quid to spend rare as hens teeth I suppose.
    And away teams with fewer supporters reduces the crowd. In L1 we had 3 relegated championship teams.

Some people on here are breaking the terms and conditions of the forum and trying to stop others from posting here and is actually a form of bullying. It seem common on social media, ALL football opinions are welcome irrespective of what they are. Some of you will find yourself banned if you keep on. As there is less than half a dozen posters and the board closes then its hard luck! But try as much as you like. I will decide when not to post. not any of you temporary fans. Have you got that?

Any of you been to the forum last night?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast