+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

Please explain what do you mean by temporary fans?

Who is trying to prevent MSB from posting on here? No, I thought not.
    There are perhaps a number who WISH he wasn't on the site OR that he would post a variety of topics that would contribute to general discussion rather than play a long-playing record that appears to be stuck.
    In fact I actually worry about him, particularly with some of the outbursts that you wouldn't expect from a mature adult.
    Either he wants to close the site down (did he mention 'bullying'?) or he wants to contribute to reasonable discussions about the club we support. Which is it do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Who is trying to prevent MSB from posting on here? No, I thought not.
    There are perhaps a number who WISH he wasn't on the site OR that he would post a variety of topics that would contribute to general discussion rather than play a long-playing record that appears to be stuck.
    In fact I actually worry about him, particularly with some of the outbursts that you wouldn't expect from a mature adult.
    Either he wants to close the site down (did he mention 'bullying'?) or he wants to contribute to reasonable discussions about the club we support. Which is it do you think?
    Agree Gazan. I too have concerns for him

Good to see that the rumour that started this thread was (temporarily) put to rest last night.
    However, we can't be complacent as the economy isn't helping (anyone except the wealthy).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Some people on here are breaking the terms and conditions of the forum and trying to stop others from posting here and is actually a form of bullying. It seem common on social media, ALL football opinions are welcome irrespective of what they are. Some of you will find yourself banned if you keep on. As there is less than half a dozen posters and the board closes then its hard luck! But try as much as you like. I will decide when not to post. not any of you temporary fans. Have you got that?

Any of you been to the forum last night?
    Nobody is trying to stop you from posting it's just that the needle is stuck in the record (remember them?) You seem to be equating playing at the back of the park with professional football. There is a World of difference. I played back of the park and the odd league higher up at the same time as you and my scoring record was a goal every two games but I was nowhere near pro level I played with some guys who had had the odd game with a pro league team reserves. They were miles better than me, on a different planet even. I often wondered how good they would have been with some proper coaching instead of jog round the pitch now sprint etc. The job of the academy is not only to produce players but to prepare them for life without football. In you time Mike any youngsters who did not make it struggled to get a decent job as their time for an apprenticeship had passed. Can I suggest you try and take a trip to Rease Heath and see the set up!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Good to see that the rumour that started this thread was (temporarily) put to rest last night.
    However, we can't be complacent as the economy isn't helping (anyone except the wealthy).

I must have been at a different Forum last night Gazan the board did nothing to reassure me they made it perfectly clear we have huge losses, no money for the January transfer window, loans only and only if we can off load some of our crap that we failed to off load in August. The current economy affects everybody even the wealthy just to a lesser degree as they can withstand the hit, I guess by that comment you are a 24 carat gold plated Labour voter (and I mean no offence by that everybody is entitled to their preference)

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I must have been at a different Forum last night Gazan the board did nothing to reassure me they made it perfectly clear we have huge losses, no money for the January transfer window, loans only and only if we can off load some of our crap that we failed to off load in August. The current economy affects everybody even the wealthy just to a lesser degree as they can withstand the hit, I guess by that comment you are a 24 carat gold plated Labour voter (and I mean no offence by that everybody is entitled to their preference)
    Cheers Wartman for update on Forum ...

The thing that concerns me most is that the Business Plan from 10-20 years ago no longer works for various reasons.

We need a Plan B, me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Nobody is trying to stop you from posting it's just that the needle is stuck in the record (remember them?) You seem to be equating playing at the back of the park with professional football. There is a World of difference. I played back of the park and the odd league higher up at the same time as you and my scoring record was a goal every two games but I was nowhere near pro level I played with some guys who had had the odd game with a pro league team reserves. They were miles better than me, on a different planet even. I often wondered how good they would have been with some proper coaching instead of jog round the pitch now sprint etc. The job of the academy is not only to produce players but to prepare them for life without football. In you time Mike any youngsters who did not make it struggled to get a decent job as their time for an apprenticeship had passed. Can I suggest you try and take a trip to Rease Heath and see the set up!
    Yes its tiring repeating the same stuff but you have nailed the situation actually. You saw the quality and lack of when playing the game itself BEFORE academies came along and saw the huge difference in quality of the Pro footballers compared with how we played back then. So can you reasonably argue that our academy graduates were better than in that day apart from the odd star we had? Today I think they would be fitter based on the gym and fitness experts but even then I'm not sure when you looked at the pitches available back then. Time does fly but 1966 when we won the World Cup is a long time ago too and vinyl records have come back into fashion. I watched thousands of league games over these years including PL or First Division as it was then and having played the game like you think the game has deterioated since then but that is my humble opinion. I think academy coaching is OK if we got rid of the coaches and let the ones with natural ability to play as they used to and the whole reason we are poor is the coaches shouting orders to pass, pass, pass and then we may only have one or two direct shots on goal in 90 mins. Its not how the game should be played imho anyway. It is a stuck record as that is my belief. Posters here don't have to read my posts but do think one liners on a discussion forum lacks meaningful thought. Just my opinion and sorry if that offends people.

Certainly doesn't offend me, but I trust you won't be offended either if I don't read your 347th, word diarrhoea cut and paste post. One suggestion if I may....look up the definition of "banging your head against a brick wall" or just the word "boring".

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I am hearing our financial situation is far more dire than that
    Big difference between the rumour you were putting about, and a club that is cutting its cloth accordingly and trying to work through the very difficult circumstances in which they, and many other clubs find themselves.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast