+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

[QUOTE=MikeSB;40174502]I doubt a new manager would have been installed just now if we were in real financial trouble.

I think that is exactly why we appointed from within. No extra wages to pay.

I would hope we're not in as much trouble as is being suggested. If we are, then it would make a total mockery of those suggesting we're not spending enough. I can't see why anyone should resign over the matter but on the other hand I suppose people like MSB will get their way and our club will become reduced in size/scope.
    The big question is, if we really are in trouble: rather than calling names and pointing fingers, what would people intend to do if our club needed us in its desperate hour?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I would hope we're not in as much trouble as is being suggested. If we are, then it would make a total mockery of those suggesting we're not spending enough. I can't see why anyone should resign over the matter but on the other hand I suppose people like MSB will get their way and our club will become reduced in size/scope.
    The big question is, if we really are in trouble: rather than calling names and pointing fingers, what would people intend to do if our club needed us in its desperate hour?
    If I get my way, the club will be reduced in size and scope?

Well you will know our club was a lot bigger in some times and a bit smaller as well with the golden era being the championship which lasted about 7 ot 6 seasons which was very good for our size. But miniscule in our history really. Its my personal view that a Cat2 academy or any FA academy was 'good' for our club as the cost benefit was not there to support it and so it all depends on what contributions the FA/PL makes to the academy. But as sure for sure is, our club cannot sustain the present Cat2 academy structure without it. I think we are a poorer club and indeed a smaller club if we are considered an 'academy' club but that is a personal view I have always had. In rational terms. No club cannot exist for long if the outgoings are significantly more than the income. Most clubs in L1 and L2 don't and indeed don't want a Cat2 academy. Not sure what Port Vale is now but most of them are far bigger and better run than ours and don't rely on kids filling up the match day numbers. So reducing our academy could have a positive effect on the club and get away from the so called academy structure. No other club in the football league is known like that and we shouldn't either. Not just that, our football is a long way away from what it used to be apart from a few short years...again in my opinion. Actually even going to the National League is not a disaster as many clubs reeem their league status and of course many don't. I don't think a crowd of 3000 is big enough to support us financially. And maybe that is where the problem lies?

The club could issue shares to local individuals and businesses to raise capital.

Maybe the fans forums is to discuss further action on local funding?

Two questions for the Chairman.

1. How much money does it cost the club to maintain a Cat2 academy vs a Cat3 academy and what percentage does the FA/PL put in?

2. What size crowd/gate is required to maintain parity with expenditure week on week? I suspect it would be 4000 plus and a 1000 less than that at say 20 pounds a ticket would equal £20,000 per fortnight and that would need addressing asap. And maybe where the Directors are having to put money in. I cannot see the FA/PL reducing their funds to the academy part way through the season.

I should imagine that the purse strings are pulled together very tightly, I said last season relegation would be a disaster and I still feel we sleep walked towards it.

I think Port Vales academy is Cat 3 I'm not sure but didnt someone from Crewe leave last season to go there so they could improve ? One advantage Port Vale have is the Shanahans without them they would have been in National League without a doubt they were very very lucky they rode into town.

At the end of the day it's all about money and revenues I just hope the Alex can either have a drop of luck or a Hollywood A lister fancies a crack.

The very last place on earth Crewe need to find themselves is the National league.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Maybe the fans forums is to discuss further action on local funding?

Two questions for the Chairman.

1. How much money does it cost the club to maintain a Cat2 academy vs a Cat3 academy and what percentage does the FA/PL put in?

2. What size crowd/gate is required to maintain parity with expenditure week on week? I suspect it would be 4000 plus and a 1000 less than that at say 20 pounds a ticket would equal £20,000 per fortnight and that would need addressing asap. And maybe where the Directors are having to put money in. I cannot see the FA/PL reducing their funds to the academy part way through the season.
    According to the OS, you have the opportunity to put your questions forward.

"Those unable to attend the evening can email questions in advance to info@crewealex.net?"

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    According to the OS, you have the opportunity to put your questions forward.

"Those unable to attend the evening can email questions in advance to info@crewealex.net?"
    I have just emailed them all my questions but maybe the short notice may prevent them from answering but suspect other fans going to the forum may ask the same questions. I have asked for the answers to be emailed back to me irrespective.

What will people's reactions be (assuming the rumours are true about the financial difficulty) if the club uses tonight's forum to appeal for money? Just asking.

I see from the RSS Minutes just circulated that the request for £25k was put there, as being roughly what the 7 other directors had done, but obviously not Mark Beavan as our elected representative on the board. It was said it would be helpful, but not essential going forward when people asked if it meant we were in such trouble that £25k would make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    I see from the RSS Minutes just circulated that the request for £25k was put there, as being roughly what the 7 other directors had done, but obviously not Mark Beavan as our elected representative on the board. It was said it would be helpful, but not essential going forward when people asked if it meant we were in such trouble that £25k would make a difference.
    I think the Chairman said the club would be losing X pounds being relegated and seems the Board are just making the loss up by their contributions. I don't think the academy will be an issue as the Chairman made a big sprose of that in his speech following LB's appointment as perm manager. I would still like to know how much we pay if anything but maybe the Board want to keep that information private? It could be they may want to air the possibility of fans buying shares etc?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast