+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

Rumours club is in financial trouble ?

As anybody heard anything about the club being in financial trouble does this coincide with a unplanned fans forum taking place next week I am hearing from a good source that we are in deep financial trouble can anybody shed any light on this or is all just rubbish ?

The club have been hinting about this for a few weeks. Individual directors keeping things afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    The club have been hinting about this for a few weeks. Individual directors keeping things afloat.

I am hearing our financial situation is far more dire than that

Very worrying if true Wartman. I hope that your reliable source is wrong this time, I cannot get any info. from the guy who gives me snippets from time to time.
    What bothers me is what we do know for sure, when they are asking for £25k from the Railwaymen Society. £25k is such a drop in the ocean with our turnover, if they are asking for that then I guess we must be in trouble. Roll on Monday evening when I hope against hope that there will be a reliable feed offered to non attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Very worrying if true Wartman. I hope that your reliable source is wrong this time, I cannot get any info. from the guy who gives me snippets from time to time.
    What bothers me is what we do know for sure, when they are asking for £25k from the Railwaymen Society. £25k is such a drop in the ocean with our turnover, if they are asking for that then I guess we must be in trouble. Roll on Monday evening when I hope against hope that there will be a reliable feed offered to non attendees.
    I can also lend a little more rumour ( I cannot guarantee that this is 100% accurate so treat with caution) all of our loans with the exception of Arthur are to be terminated in January and our recruitment will likely be 1 loan player only with the hangers on and the kids filling the gaps. If it does come to light that the clubs financial predicament is true (and I sincerely hope I am having smoke blown up my arse with this and i have never wanted anything to be so untrue in all my life) I would expect Charles Grant to resign immediately no ifs buts or maybes I think we all know where the financial troubles of the club lie and we don’t need to go over old ground but it looks like our professional future appears in some doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I can also lend a little more rumour ( I cannot guarantee that this is 100% accurate so treat with caution) all of our loans with the exception of Arthur are to be terminated in January and our recruitment will likely be 1 loan player only with the hangers on and the kids filling the gaps. If it does come to light that the clubs financial predicament is true (and I sincerely hope I am having smoke blown up my arse with this and i have never wanted anything to be so untrue in all my life) I would expect Charles Grant to resign immediately no ifs buts or maybes I think we all know where the financial troubles of the club lie and we don’t need to go over old ground but it looks like our professional future appears in some doubt.
    And if the rumours you are spreading turn out not to be true.....?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    And if the rumours you are spreading turn out not to be true.....?
    I will be massively relieved as will most posters on this forum there does appear to be something going on though if you also include the info meforcrewe has heard about a request for what on the face of it are meagre funds all very very worrying let’s hope there is not a shread of truth in any of it and things are on a sound footing.

Have a listen to Radio Joke Praise and Grumble, last evening's episode, at the 40 minute mark. Sorry I can't seem to be able to do a link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I will be massively relieved as will most posters on this forum there does appear to be something going on though if you also include the info meforcrewe has heard about a request for what on the face of it are meagre funds all very very worrying let’s hope there is not a shread of truth in any of it and things are on a sound footing.
    I doubt a new manager would have been installed just now if we were in real financial trouble.

The problem has been obvious for a few years ie the Cat2 academy. It worked when we could sell a player for a million plus but that was many moons ago now. I am only guessing that the FA/PL are paying most of the costs and why its not been downgraded as a club our size could never afford to do that independently. Lets hope its all rumour!

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Have a listen to Radio Joke Praise and Grumble, last evening's episode, at the 40 minute mark. Sorry I can't seem to be able to do a link to it.

Yes interesting and the club didn’t deny it they just pointed us in the direction of the hastily arranged Fans Forum I am getting worried that the club is in financial trouble

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast