+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Sevco

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I don't buy the fatigue story at all, Duk looked still full of running to me. The substitutions and the approach to the last 20 minutes was just a complete and utter bottle job
    Soft as a baby’s first sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Spineless shytebags.

Game there for the taking so lets just shrink into our shells and meekly surrender.

Truly pathetic. Complete loser mentality from a club full of losers. I’m so done with AFC…
    hate to say it ,but that was my thought when leaving the ground (apart from the "I’m so done with AFC" part )

First time I have ever contemplated not going to a semi final ( but was convinced to go and so bought the tickets with the proviso of attendance determined by our showing against the two cheeks !

came away disappointed at saturdays approach to the game, came away B***** angry about tonight's capitulation and the inevitability of it all

semi final tickets more likely to be unused than used I fear

In respect of saying he has been good for us then I am merely meaning in relation to where we were as a first 11, where we were sitting in the league and how badly we had done in the cups.

The classic term I guess is he steadied the ship but any manager would've been an improvement on what Glass served up.

In the bygone days you would look to your manager to scout players and make the signings and if Goodwin had been personally responsible for the players that have been signed since he came here then I'd be willing to cut him some slack as I honestly do think we have the nucleus of a good first 11, but as it's the case that he is hardly involved in sourcing the players and only says yay or nay then the only positive I have with his time here can't be left at his door.

Hearts will come good and go above us soon enough, Hibs I also believe will too so in my opinion with Goodwin still there I'd be worrying about making the top 6 as the points gap isn't there for safety.

We'll get put out of the league cup by Der Huns and get by Darvel in the Scottish Cup by a couple though it'll be a nervy game. Depending on who we get next in that competition could very well spell the end of the journey there.

Not got a lot of optimism for the coming months if Goodwin is still there but I don't think Cormack will get rid so soon, especially after the failed Glass experiment, he won't want to be shown to be hopeless at choosing managers and try to give him every last minute that he possibly can.

So, after playing reasonably well, we are winning 2-1 in the final minutes and Goodwin decides to completely change his forward line for no apparent reason - I don’t buy into the claim that they were all tired as they were coping quite well and still managing to get up the field. However, he makes that claim to try to get himself off the hook, I think. Almost immediately, we start defending far too deep, just as we did against Celtic for the entire game; and not getting up the field, again just as we did in the Celtic game. I said to my son that Rangers were going to score and if they did they would probably get another one. It was so entirely bloody predictable.

I don't buy the fatigue story at all, Duk looked still full of running to me. The substitutions and the approach to the last 20 minutes was just a complete and utter bottle job
    100% right Fatigue my @rse, Duk caused them problems all through his time on the pitch and would continue to do so had he been left. If Goodwin wanted to win the game Duk is the last player t5hat should have been taken off, That substitution more than anything cost us the game,

Just back from the game. For the best part of 70 minutes that was a proper performance, not perfect, but what you’d hope for in a game at home against the hun. And Pittodrie was rocking.

I can understand why we brought Hayes on as we were getting completely exposed at left back, but the other substitutions and the complete change in tactics were impossible to comprehend. Having played positively and with aggression and passion and put them on the back foot, Goodwin completely sh@t the bed.

The fans were suddenly on the team’s back and you just knew they were going to score at least one. I said to my kids that Arsefield would score and lo. They didn’t even need their usual dodgy penalty.

My only possible positive hopes are that 1) Goodwin learns that he should never do that again and 2) the players carry some confidence from the first 70 minutes into the semi. They must know they can compete after that.

For the first time in my life I booed at the end and me and the kids waited until Goodwin approached the South Stand so we could let him know how we felt. I’ve never been so cross. There’s plenty of quality in this team and really no need to piss away 3 points with that kind of utter capitulation.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    100% right Fatigue my @rse, Duk caused them problems all through his time on the pitch and would continue to do so had he been left. If Goodwin wanted to win the game Duk is the last player t5hat should have been taken off, That substitution more than anything cost us the game,
    Absolutely agree - he was the main threat, along with Clarkson, going forward. Miovski was poor again, as he was in the last game. Goodwin tried, but failed miserably, to “shut up shop”. Pathetic game management - trying to be clever, when I don’t think he is.

He's not just a shytebag cunť he's also a lying fùcker

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Absolutely agree - he was the main threat, along with Clarkson, going forward. Miovski was poor again, as he was in the last game. Goodwin tried, but failed miserably, to “shut up shop”. Pathetic game management - trying to be clever, when I don’t think he is.
    Goodwin though as the Huns sub 4 players he should do the same with 3 all at once.
    Duk didn't look tired to me at all that was a criminal substitution
    Goodwin failed yet again with his tactics he simply let the Huns back into a game we should have won
    Nobody actually rates him, he is only here because are chairman wanted a cheap replacement for Glass
    You get what you pay for
    Unfortunately Goodwin is as boring as dishwater and pays far to much respect to the weegie clubs telling us the fans to know are place in Scottish football and we need to remember that
    Well Goodwin your nothing in football management terms the soon he goes the better, he has no passion or authority at this club
    He and his sidekick assistant are on a very decent wages at this club for doing simply nothing of note
    And to think at one stage before the Dons subs came on I was confident for the first time in years was looking forward to a Dons victory
    By the way what ever happened to that big American forward on megawatts for us why is he frozen out by are manager

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Just back from the game. For the best part of 70 minutes that was a proper performance, not perfect, but what you’d hope for in a game at home against the hun. And Pittodrie was rocking.

I can understand why we brought Hayes on as we were getting completely exposed at left back, but the other substitutions and the complete change in tactics were impossible to comprehend. Having played positively and with aggression and passion and put them on the back foot, Goodwin completely sh@t the bed.

The fans were suddenly on the team’s back and you just knew they were going to score at least one. I said to my kids that Arsefield would score and lo. They didn’t even need their usual dodgy penalty.

My only possible positive hopes are that 1) Goodwin learns that he should never do that again and 2) the players carry some confidence from the first 70 minutes into the semi. They must know they can compete after that.

For the first time in my life I booed at the end and me and the kids waited until Goodwin approached the South Stand so we could let him know how we felt. I’ve never been so cross. There’s plenty of quality in this team and really no need to piss away 3 points with that kind of utter capitulation.
    Spot on.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast