+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Suggestion we’re looking at Aden Flint from Stoke. It’s the DT...so hardly entirely reliable...but he’s a player I wanted us to get last summer.
    Maybe given Chester’s unavailability and Stearman’s age and comparative lack of physicality it makes sense.
    Derbyshire lad and a big physical presence which we could do with at this level. We’ll see.

I think he might give us the spark we need

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Suggestion we’re looking at Aden Flint from Stoke. It’s the DT...so hardly entirely reliable...but he’s a player I wanted us to get last summer.
    Maybe given Chester’s unavailability and Stearman’s age and comparative lack of physicality it makes sense.
    Derbyshire lad and a big physical presence which we could do with at this level. We’ll see.
    Still lives in Derbyshire

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I think he might give us the spark we need
    He can be our equivalent of John Stones

Could do with a rock at the back

All the usual copycat "news outlets" have latched on to the Flint "story". FLW has given Football Insider the credit for it. Not going to happen. Flint is not going to displace Foz or Cash.

Not necessarily to ‘displace’...so much as to provide back up. Foz or Cash have been excellent and essential parts of the run we’ve been on but as was suggested earlier, by Sith I think, when injuries and suspensions bite our replacements are themselves both aged and injury prone.
    Cashin himself came in as a ‘stop gap’ about eleven months ago and has been a virtually ever present revelation since. Now might be the time to strengthen in this physical league and they don’t come much more combative than Flint.
    My only concern would be his relative lack of game time since leaving Brizzle. No reflection on Foz or Cash but if there are good reasons for his recent lack of matches I’d welcome this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Not necessarily to ‘displace’...so much as to provide back up. Foz or Cash have been excellent and essential parts of the run we’ve been on but as was suggested earlier, by Sith I think, when injuries and suspensions bite our replacements are themselves both aged and injury prone.
    Cashin himself came in as a ‘stop gap’ about eleven months ago and has been a virtually ever present revelation since. Now might be the time to strengthen in this physical league and they don’t come much more combative than Flint.
    My only concern would be his relative lack of game time since leaving Brizzle. No reflection on Foz or Cash but if there are good reasons for his recent lack of matches I’d welcome this signing.
    P.S. Sorry...should have said ‘since leaving’ Cardiff...not ‘Brizzle’.

Unless Warne has changed his stance, I can't see it happening, he was clear that he wasn't looking for a CB as he had plenty of options in this position.

Stated targets, Striker, Wide man and right back, we ahve the wide player, unless flint an play right back, which I don't think is the case, then I doubt these rumours have any more credence than others.

I do smile about the need for a "rock at the back", given we have (I think) the 3rd best defensive record in the league and had a run of several games without conceding a goal, I'd say the evidence suggests our defence isn't the problem!!

Never turn down a pun opportunity

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)