+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boxing Day

Boxing Day

Will be a strange game so soon after the world Cup despite the politics around it. I'm not sure what Liverpool players will be affected but they play Thursday night in the EFL Cup, they may help them, who knows, One thing is certain, Emi will not be in Goal, he quite rightly is bouncing somewhere around Argentina and is also entitled to an extra week off, I would say he will be ready for spurs on New Year's day? If I was not going to the Pool game, I would be calling for a postponement as having to play with Olsen in goal guarantees we ship 4 goals, going on his abysmal record for us so far. Apart from Olsen, I cannot see many surprises in the starting eleven, I just hope the evening game under flood lights and the Sky cameras will generate a good performance and hopefully a win although, I will take a draw right now.

Thoughts.....

Unai Emery’s doctrine of playing out from the back will cause Villa difficulties regardless of whether its Olson or the master of “Sh!thousry” between the sticks as I/M/O neither looks comfortable with this tactic (as demonstrated by Emi V Brighton)

Ollie has an unbelievable work ethic however he needs to understand the ball moves not the goal & to stop snatching at chances

With Dave Id take a draw V Liver plop !

Has a first game of the season feel to it but being as it's a sell-out under the lights against one of the big-boys the lads will be at it. Saw on social media that Jed Steer is already selected but isn't he committed elsewhere for the season?

people melting down because we lost 2-0 to everton behind closed doors... get a grip. behind closed doors is just like a training match. means jacksh1t

Didn't even know we played but I'm sure it's all about fitness and being ready for a long busy 2nd half of the season. The keeper situation is not looking good, Emi back when and after the WC, can he get his mind set right, Manure said to be big admirers and sizing up a bid, History between Emi and Emery!! And just who starts v Pool, the Defence has to be solid!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)