+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Christmas aint come early for us

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Keith Stroud has always been an utter c u n t to Albion😩

Get ready for it! 😤
    I know people just think I’m totally cynical and always see the negatives but.......

FFS Stroud is such a c u n t......the slightest opportunity to butt f u c k us and he always grabs it with both hands.

I know people just think I’m totally cynical and always see the negatives but.......

FFS Stroud is such a c u n t......the slightest opportunity to butt f u c k us and he always grabs it with both hands.
    You made a couple of good calls tonight Mick - deffo the ref and Albion result

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    You made a couple of good calls tonight Mick - deffo the ref and Albion result
    It’s always the same with Stroud Phil.

He’s a little pipsqueak of a man who loves to be the big “I am”.

He’s always biased and incompetent against Albion.

A disgrace of a ref.

Can’t be too scathing of the team after the last 5 games, but this was one game that was a ‘game too far’
    Coventry we’re good, very good, we were poor, one thing that I think won’t have gone unnoticed by the boss is that both Furlong and Townsend need replacing and Phillips has had his half dozen good games, he was truly shocking tonight

Diangana should have replaced Phillips, Molumby made no impact and created a substitute dilemma for Carlos, unless Molumby himself was subbed. Should have had a point, though, but Stroud was the ref!

Strange one tonight.

I don’t think we actually played that badly overall, but I did question quite early on the energy of Swift, Yokuslu and Rogic in the central areas. Technically these players have great ability in tight areas but in terms of covering ground quickly to close down they fall short, particularly compared with an impressively energetic opponent like Coventry City.

Wallace only really came to life when Dike came on, up to this point his usual driving runs had been negated by keeping half an eye on Coventry’s speedy attackers, there was an uplift at this point which had me believing fortunes would change in our favour but to be fair Coventry made good subs themselves and continued to look lively.

Coventry are clearly no mugs and tonight we’ve had our first serious test for some time, especially under CC. Hats off to the Sky Blues, they could have buried us by half time, again Palmer was excellent and kept out their best one on one. Maybe the gaffer will have food for thought going into the window and see that not everything in the garden is rosy? For me the full backs may need some competition.

Thomas Asante had a mixed night, hot and cold, difficult to criticise the lad but he can’t hold off a defender like Dike can, his touch is quite good and his best bet seems to try and turn away, he wriggles out of tight situations but it’s 50/50 whether he can break clear of his defender whilst retaining possession. My only criticism of him tonight would be his positioning, at times he gets drawn to the ball too much and needs to remain more between the posts.

Shame to see such a great following so quiet, like the team on the field we couldn’t quite get going, probably reflective of the performance.

Nice tribute to Terry Hall on the screens at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Strange one tonight.

I don’t think we actually played that badly overall, but I did question quite early on the energy of Swift, Yokuslu and Rogic in the central areas. Technically these players have great ability in tight areas but in terms of covering ground quickly to close down they fall short, particularly compared with an impressively energetic opponent like Coventry City.

Wallace only really came to life when Dike came on, up to this point his usual driving runs had been negated by keeping half an eye on Coventry’s speedy attackers, there was an uplift at this point which had me believing fortunes would change in our favour but to be fair Coventry made good subs themselves and continued to look lively.

Coventry are clearly no mugs and tonight we’ve had our first serious test for some time, especially under CC. Hats off to the Sky Blues, they could have buried us by half time, again Palmer was excellent and kept out their best one on one. Maybe the gaffer will have food for thought going into the window and see that not everything in the garden is rosy? For me the full backs may need some competition.

Thomas Asante had a mixed night, hot and cold, difficult to criticise the lad but he can’t hold off a defender like Dike can, his touch is quite good and his best bet seems to try and turn away, he wriggles out of tight situations but it’s 50/50 whether he can break clear of his defender whilst retaining possession. My only criticism of him tonight would be his positioning, at times he gets drawn to the ball too much and needs to remain more between the posts.

Shame to see such a great following so quiet, like the team on the field we couldn’t quite get going, probably reflective of the performance.

Nice tribute to Terry Hall on the screens at half time.
    In regards to Dike Minn, if Carlos believes he’s the best option ( which I believe he is ) then he’s got to be first choice when fit and Asante needs to be the impact sub.

I feel we have it the wrong way around at the moment.

Dike plays “between the sticks” to coin your phrase, this is what we need, not an additional player playing a “ten” type of role, no team needs two tens.

In regards to Dike Minn, if Carlos believes he’s the best option ( which I believe he is ) then he’s got to be first choice when fit and Asante needs to be the impact sub.

I feel we have it the wrong way around at the moment.

Dike plays “between the sticks” to coin your phrase, this is what we need, not an additional player playing a “ten” type of role, no team needs two tens.
    Tend to agree Mick, maybe it’s all part of handling Dike’s return and spreading his use over a hectic upcoming period?
    I said to my nipper tonight when he came on, you watch his movement now in comparison to Thomas Asante.

Years ago they would have been side by side in a 442, that’s something I’d love to see, one day I’d love someone to have the balls to bring it back, although at the moment we’re a McIness and Mulumbu short!

It’s no good getting upset or damning players over 1 match. Leeds Utd got promoted on winning a lot of games, good runs but still lost the occasional matches. It happens. I can see that Our manager who was bielsas number 2 is going to do a similar thing. We are still well placed, and I can see us at least being in the play offs. He’s doing a great job and Furlong is playing great under him. One match. That’s all. It won’t be a pattern.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)