+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hecky …… Andy Giddings Twitter

Hecky …… Andy Giddings Twitter

Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom on the proposed takeover:
    “The wheels are turning and that's it. It's not for me to get involved in and have a say on it. All it would be for me would be a distraction but I know there is an ongoing process”.

Another distraction.
    And he’s seen it all before.
    Here.
    But still the best manager I’ve seen at THE WELL in my lifetime.
    One of our own - willing to go that extra mile.
    As much as I like our current manager and most of our recent head coaches I’d have Hecky back tomorrow.

Aye well he might be the right side of this takeover .

Presumably he won't be having half his team sold next month .

Always liked Hecky. Honest and straightforward guy, much like Duff. I know a few on here give him some stick but I think the blowk will succeed in management and good luck to him

Can anyone put a list together of his signings for BFC ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Can anyone put a list together of his signings for BFC ?
    Geeore nar. Tha knows he ed little to do wi the transfers, they wo just dumped on him. Pat, James and Goathair signed all the players.

Still baffles me how folk can still seriously think that a professional coach like Hecky could sign a lardass like Thiam forra million quid feck me running

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Geeore nar. Tha knows he ed little to do wi the transfers, they wo just dumped on him. Pat, James and Goathair signed all the players.

Still baffles me how folk can still seriously think that a professional coach like Hecky could sign a lardass like Thiam forra million quid feck me running

I wonder what Pep would have said seeing Thiam waddling abart if he said Kalvin Phillips looked overweight on his return from World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Sheffield United boss Paul Heckingbottom on the proposed takeover:
    “The wheels are turning and that's it. It's not for me to get involved in and have a say on it. All it would be for me would be a distraction but I know there is an ongoing process”.

Another distraction.
    And he’s seen it all before.
    Here.
    But still the best manager I’ve seen at THE WELL in my lifetime.
    One of our own - willing to go that extra mile.
    As much as I like our current manager and most of our recent head coaches I’d have Hecky back tomorrow.
    A remember this bloke, on BBS I think, some time ago said he met Hecky on a local walk, shook his hand, and Hecky spilled the beans over all the events at Oakwell other fans didn't know. I'm trying to recall the bloke's name.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A remember this bloke, on BBS I think, some time ago said he met Hecky on a local walk, shook his hand, and Hecky spilled the beans over all the events at Oakwell other fans didn't know. I'm trying to recall the bloke's name.
    His name is on the tip of my tongue , if I remember I will give you a nudge .

Dear old Hecky who divides opinion to this day and understandably so .

Anyone who buggas off to Dirty Leeds half way through the season leaving his team just above the drop isn't going to get a ringing endorsement by too many .

Best stick to the facts with that in mind .

The facts are that Hecky was presented with 12 or 13 new players during the summer who were all under 22 years of age and the majority hadn't kicked a ball at championship level and basically told there you go now crack on .

On the other hand the vast majority of these players turned out to be good uns , Pinnock , Lindsay , Moore , Mowatt , Cam Mac , Thiam , Cavare , Pinilos , Bradshaw we even had Harvey Barnes for 6 months .

Problem was it took a drop in to league one for these players to shine and by which time Hecky was well gone .

I still maintain had he stayed we'd have just survived , as it happens we were only relegated in the final minute of the season with a HC who whilst he did work at Chelsea , Real Madrid and Inter Milan was in fact only ever responsible for keeping the players drinks bottles full of water and his coaching credentials here were the proof .

Thankfully we as a club learned so much from the Hecky days we went out and did exactly the same thing with Daniel Stendel who had us in good shape and an instant promotion back to the championship .

We'd have done the same thing with Val too had Conway had half the chance but Val was way too savy for that and called his chips in from more or less the moment the players trooped off the field at The Liberty Stadium following the play off semi final 2nd leg and the small matter of the fact no bugga had any money following the Covid season to buy very ordinary players but weren't too bad at hoof ball .

Given on the back of all the above its an absolute mystery as to why so many of us have called it a day and following last season's debacle .

It really is !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Hahahaha !!!
    Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast