+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential problems ahead

Well, if he was the others were garbage. He's a striker, it's as bad as Olsen coneeding, he should have bagged a hatrick. My MOTM was Kamara but was left exposed by Buendia and MaGinn! It just wasn't the big performance I was looking for, the crowd was poor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Having had time to thaw out from VP and reflect, it does sound like I'm being harsh on Olsen but the guy has a record to be ashamed of, tell me what game he has played where he has not conceeded 3 goals?? Not going through it again, it's still painfull. I just feel after waiting so long to get back to the bread and butter football, the players would have been up for it, saying that the crowd was fairly quiet as well. I feel very flat, it was a long old day, very cold, long queues for everything plus no trains but at least it shows 40,000 can get home withoit which gives us Hope for the expansion plans!
    I'm with you on your opinion of Olsen, but with that issue being resolved shortly, I just think that Ollie is the glaring problem.

Bailey is a good player, for a strong dominant team. Unfortunately, we cannot carry passengers.

situation is we have watkins who does everything right until he gets to the final shot, and we have Ings who is a rated goal scorer who doesn't get into the right positions given our method of playing. Then we have Archer who is fast and a natural goal scorer, who for some reason is not trusted enough to get game time. My solution get shut of Bailey and Ings, bring in a a top notch finisher and use watkins as a winger... which is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by mondaze View Post
    situation is we have watkins who does everything right until he gets to the final shot, and we have Ings who is a rated goal scorer who doesn't get into the right positions given our method of playing. Then we have Archer who is fast and a natural goal scorer, who for some reason is not trusted enough to get game time. My solution get shut of Bailey and Ings, bring in a a top notch finisher and use watkins as a winger... which is what he is.
    Sounds like a plan, at least someone has one.

I don’t agree with keeping Ollie, but it’s still a constructive option.

I’m hoping that the Spaniard has all of his ducks in a row for January 1.

Had we had Ramsey & Cash there may well have been a different outcome to this game, along with the obvious absence of Emi. Some of our play was really good to watch, the problem is that very few of our players are consistently good but the big question is who at the next level would come to us as they're likely to be playing in Europe. Which clinical, 20 goal a season finished article striker is signing for us?

For me our biggest problem is giving the ball away under no pressure, we seem to lose focus at times, that will improve under Emery I feel, ball retention is already better in midfield when under pressure. I like how Kamara and Luiz link up, Ramsey is huge for us here & has done well in the first few games under him.

I like Ings and I like Ollie, IF they could form a pair for the rest of the season playing off each other, with the chances they'll get it might work as a 4-4-2 with Buendia & Ramsey taking the midfield positions.

3 more PL games and Emery will know what he needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)