+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Fergie in his prime would have won this league with Aberdeen. He wouldn’t give up before a ball was kicked. He trained players properly and certainly had an eye for a player. Aberdeen would be league champions and be in the champions league if Ferguson was the boss. He was always a step ahead of most.
    Not a chance he would win the league with our current squad
    Nobody even close to the talent we had in that 1980 team

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    Not a chance he would win the league with our current squad
    Nobody even close to the talent we had in that 1980 team
    Who said that would be his squad? My opinion still stands…Ferguson would win us that league no problem. Up against Ange and whoever is at Ibrox they hardly are what you would class as tactical geniuses

Who said that would be his squad? My opinion still stands…Ferguson would win us that league no problem. Up against Ange and whoever is at Ibrox they hardly are what you would class as tactical geniuses
    Okay so he's not working with our current squad
    How many years does the club and the fans allow him to assemble a squad capable of winning the league ?
    Where does he find these players,how do the club afford these players and how do they stop these players leaving when better financial propositions are put in front of them before a league title can be won ?

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    Okay so he's not working with our current squad
    How many years does the club and the fans allow him to assemble a squad capable of winning the league ?
    Where does he find these players,how do the club afford these players and how do they stop these players leaving when better financial propositions are put in front of them before a league title can be won ?
    Ferguson would have it all under control. The attention to detail is top class from him. Miles better than anything our league has to offer. Are you trying to suggest Ferguson couldn’t pick us players that aren’t better than what we currently have?
    (Derek McInnes managed it)
    Being a good manager is about showing a definite progression and showing your team is capable of winning against anyone you come up against. You certainly don’t talk about coming 3rd, you don’t talk to your players about letting teams dictate a match especially on your own patch and instruct nearly the full team to stay in and around your own 18 yard box. Plus you don’t have the captain of your team being a constant liability. Have your team better prepared than the opponent and have your team fitter with a far better mentality than the opposing teams and then life will become easier as Dons boss.
    It’s obvious Goodwin is either a lazy manager or he spends his time doing the wrong things. Ferguson was streaks ahead. He obviously didn’t win everything he competed in but he certainly tried to win everything. It’s that mentality that has been allowed to completely disappear at Aberdeen…..that is what is unacceptable to me.

Fergie in his prime would have won this league with Aberdeen. He wouldn’t give up before a ball was kicked. He trained players properly and certainly had an eye for a player. Aberdeen would be league champions and be in the champions league if Ferguson was the boss. He was always a step ahead of most.
    I don't believe he would win the league now as we simply cannot afford the standard of player required to compete now and any kids in the calibre of Miller, McLeish, Black, Hewitt, Simpson, Cooper, would be sold after a season or two and possibly a few of the aforementioned would have signed for clubs other than Aberdeen if coming through now such is the level of competition for talented kids at an early age an from clubs all over Europe.

I think he would still do well relatively speaking, but not a fecking hope in hell of what he achieved with us then being repeated now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I don't believe he would win the league now as we simply cannot afford the standard of player required to compete now and any kids in the calibre of Miller, McLeish, Black, Hewitt, Simpson, Cooper, would be sold after a season or two and possibly a few of the aforementioned would have signed for clubs other than Aberdeen if coming through now such is the level of competition for talented kids at an early age an from clubs all over Europe.

I think he would still do well relatively speaking, but not a fecking hope in hell of what he achieved with us then being repeated now.
    You really are a modern day Aberdeen fan that the club love… Don’t expect to win anything and think of getting 3 points against diddy teams as some sort of feat. The Ferguson days would have been too much for you.

You really are a modern day Aberdeen fan that the club love… Don’t expect to win anything and think of getting 3 points against diddy teams as some sort of feat. The Ferguson days would have been too much for you.
    I'm not sure if you really are as gratuitously idiotic as you appear in your posts or if, like Donsdaft on matters socio-political, you're on some sort of wind up.

I'll keep looking for evidence though.

He’s right.

The modern fan has more of an eye on the board room and the bank account than on the pitch.

Therefore they always lose to the richer club.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He’s right.

The modern fan has more of an eye on the board room and the bank account than on the pitch.

Therefore they always lose to the richer club.
    I think it is more of a ready made excuse for the quitters of this world. It’s too easy to accept clubs have more funds etc so they must be better. The days of rolling up the sleeves and taking anyone on no matter what they had seems to be forgotten up at Aberdeen FC. It’s a sad state of affairs and certainly a pathetic look we carry around at our club nowadays. Maybe the name I gave to Jim Goodwin (the white flag waver) should be shared amongst all who at the club and support the club who have all given up the desire to fight.
    We could change our tune from the Nothern Lights to the Nothern Sh!tes….that would be more apt to our current predicament.

I expect us to win every game and competition we partake in, but I don't spit my dummy out when we get dont, which happens quite a bit and not just over the past 20 years either. Until Fergie rocked up our achievements as a club were modest to say the least.

The Ferguson days wouldn't have been too much for me, but I don't live my life in the past like you clearly do. That era is not coming back no matter who the chairman or manager is and you either chose to support the team and all the **** that goes with it or just give up and take up something else like I did for two years, but like I have said previously, I missed it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast