+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some wonderful person........

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Are you saying that there is no connection, no relationship, between the Labour Party and the Trade Union movement, that Unions do not donate part of their member's contributions to the Labour Party, that the Labour Party does not do the bidding of it's paymaster, that they are not, as I said, two cheeks of the same arse ?

If you insist in this nonsense mon ami, I can easily prove you wrong.
    I'll give you your due mon ami, you stick to the old mantra no matter what. The leader of the Labour party is sacking people for standing on picket lines. He despises Trade Unions.

Attachment 23102

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll give you your due mon ami, you stick to the old mantra no matter what. The leader of the Labour party is sacking people for standing on picket lines. He despises Trade Unions.

Attachment 23102
    What difference does that make? He is just another puppet who will be manipulated or instructed to follow the wishes of the Unions or will just fall by the wayside if he doesn't.
    'Follow the money' ---the mantra of all politicians no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    What difference does that make? He is just another puppet who will be manipulated or instructed to follow the wishes of the Unions or will just fall by the wayside if he doesn't.
    'Follow the money' ---the mantra of all politicians no matter what.
    Without the work of Trade Unions we would have no holidays, no sick pay, no pensions and 6-year-old kids would still be going up chimneys. What do you want Supersub6 sweat shops and a quid an hour wages.

Without the work of Trade Unions we would have no holidays, no sick pay, no pensions and 6-year-old kids would still be going up chimneys. What do you want Supersub6 sweat shops and a quid an hour wages.
    Methinks that you exaggerate somewhat BT.
    In any case, the 6-year-old kids would be struggling to make a living because they don't build many houses with chimneys these days.
    I ran a business for 30 years and employed people who were not in Trade Unions and they were all very happy with the treatment and wages they received and they all got a decent redundancy payment when I decided to close.
    I have many friends who did exactly the same until they had to give in to the insane bureaucracy being introduced by governments, whose hand was being forced by the Unions. The result ----quite a number of workers lost their jobs because the small businesses closed down.

Could you imagine what this lot would get up to left unchecked..?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...CMP=GTUK_email

No 10 ‘concerned’ MPs engaged in ‘s-e-x and heavy drinking’ on trips abroad
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 29-12-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Some wonderful person decided to do a U-turn in Rosegrove in the pi$$ing rain on Tuesday night and hit me broadside on.

I can't believe the hassle I'm getting for collision damage that was in no way my fault.

The guy behind me said the Asian delivery driver was on the 'phone when the eejit decided to ram me.

Mrs BT said just as long as we are all OK then no harm's done.

It never ceases to make me smile that the Unions get people out on strike, never actually effects them the leaders that is they stir the hornets nest and then carry on as normal while the frontline comes out on strike.
    The country is in a mess and not one of the politicians in either of the big parties is prepared to get heads together and come up with ideas that may actually help us, the Bank of England man wants sacking the doom monger that he is how to demoralise people already struggling is laughable.

What does the striking actually achieve ? Nothing ! imo anyway except struggles for those that want to go about their lives and jobs - the ones who aren’t striking of course.

Self employed - strike - can’t
    Rise - can’t
    Holidays - un paid
    Pensions - sort myself.

Suddenly I have no sympathy for any of them - the unions and striking is not the answer.

As before my question would be where will the money come from to satisfy all the unions / striking people - who will pay the money ?

I’m expecting it will be the crap Conservative governments fault

I'm searching in vain to find the piece in the Grauniad that explains why Starmer has severed all Labour's links to the Trade Union movement, and has refused to accept any more of their money.

But strangely I can't find it mon ami, you'll know where it is, be a good chap, help me out and put the link up will you. Thanks in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm searching in vain to find the piece in the Grauniad that explains why Starmer has severed all Labour's links to the Trade Union movement, and has refused to accept any more of their money.

But strangely I can't find it mon ami, you'll know where it is, be a good chap, help me out and put the link up will you. Thanks in anticipation.
    No need for links mon ami, ask Ms Rayner's boyfriend. Starmer is a proper Tory b@stard and make no mistake.

Just for you sinkov...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b000da24065b50
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 29-12-2022 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It never ceases to make me smile that the Unions get people out on strike, never actually effects them the leaders that is they stir the hornets nest and then carry on as normal while the frontline comes out on strike.
    The country is in a mess and not one of the politicians in either of the big parties is prepared to get heads together and come up with ideas that may actually help us, the Bank of England man wants sacking the doom monger that he is how to demoralise people already struggling is laughable.

What does the striking actually achieve ? Nothing ! imo anyway except struggles for those that want to go about their lives and jobs - the ones who aren’t striking of course.

Self employed - strike - can’t
    Rise - can’t
    Holidays - un paid
    Pensions - sort myself.

Suddenly I have no sympathy for any of them - the unions and striking is not the answer.

As before my question would be where will the money come from to satisfy all the unions / striking people - who will pay the money ?

I’m expecting it will be the crap Conservative governments fault
    Your crap Conservative government decided to unleash hell and let inflation and the cost-of-living run rampant and as usual they expect the working class to suffer.

Not this time mate. Class war is here. Game on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)