+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Day - Stockport away

Boxing Day - Stockport away

Local derby - sellout - Boxing Day
    What more could you ask for ??

Well Santa I'd rather like 3 points please

I'll go with a 3 - 0 loss unfortunately. I know around the Christmas period you get some unlikely results but I can't see this game being one of them. Also please let peace prevail between the two sets of supporters, safe travel to all our followers, I can't get there myself today for family gatherings or I would be there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I'll go with a 3 - 0 loss unfortunately. I know around the Christmas period you get some unlikely results but I can't see this game being one of them. Also please let peace prevail between the two sets of supporters, safe travel to all our followers, I can't get there myself today for family gatherings or I would be there myself.

What an awful bench the starting line up is not much better 5-0 Stockport

45 mins and not managed 1 shot on or off target truly pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    What an awful bench the starting line up is not much better 5-0 Stockport
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Both Holicek and Evans(Salisbury) on the bench

Hopefully they can be utilised as late subs ...

Yes hopefully just as the final whistle goes

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Both Holicek and Evans(Salisbury) on the bench

Hopefully they can be utilised as late subs ...
    Nobody can defend that truly shocking performance not one shot in the entire 90 plus mins Stockport managed 25, the entire first team squad and management team should hang there heads in shame utter shambles this club will be a non league team by the end of next season no doubt !!!!

Managed to watch on iplayer in the end. I can stand losing but the manner in which we lost was truly unacceptable. I don't even think it is the players fault, the simple truth is that almost all of them are not good enough. Where do we go from here, who could possibly want to come and join us? Oh wait a minute what about a player with a dreadful injury record!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    45 mins and not managed 1 shot on or off target truly pathetic
    90 odd minutes and not one shot on goal!

Solution: Get the non playing staff to turn out next match. They could not do any worse and when we are losing to clubs like Barrow, Salford, Stockport so easily which are a league lower than last season then this club has had it. The Cat2 academy will sort things out...eventually, what year though? How many more millions need to be spent?

The club never answered my emails and suggests an amateur club with amateur outlook.

Sack the Board, most of the first team, all the managers and get the under 18-23 players to play the remaining games and who knows we may finish 5th from bottom and stay up. I didn't bother to listen to the match and that is a blessing but not fair on the travelling fans when we cannot even compete with most teams in a league lower than last season and yet think nothing in spending a million pounds PER SEASON on a so called academy that fails to teach the WHOLE object of football is to? Score a goal chaps, score a goal and when you cannot even have ONE shot on the opposing goal suggests the whole lot should be sacked and take sympathy on the fans. Sometimes things need sorting and the time has passed.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 26-12-2022 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Managed to watch on iplayer in the end. I can stand losing but the manner in which we lost was truly unacceptable. I don't even think it is the players fault, the simple truth is that almost all of them are not good enough. Where do we go from here, who could possibly want to come and join us? Oh wait a minute what about a player with a dreadful injury record!!
    And I would also add Williams and Adebisi are highly overrated and should be knowhere near the first team garbage and I suspect the club are overhyping certain other academy players to make the fans believe there is hope there isn’t they are a million miles away from league standard some might make it but by that time we will be a non league team. We need quality additions now and not just a couple we probably need 6 or 7 in Jan. you have to feel for Bell when he looks at what he has in the starting 11 and then the utter rubbish on the bench I don’t think a premier league manager could get a win with the crap we have at our disposal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast