+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross County ‘Must Win’

Ross County ‘Must Win’

Was thinking about this and Ross county are a dangerous opponent

They are good on the breakaway and they often get smash and grab results on the road

We will have to be alert defensively

Ideally we need to be totally focussed and produce a convincing win like we did against Killie

Not sure about defence as Ross county are physical but also fast. Don’t know how fit Mulgrew is right now or what’s happening with Jamie McGrath

I’d be trying 4-4-2 with midfield diamond and Levitt playing further forward but given it’s usually a 5-3-2 …

Birighitti

Freeman Edwards Mulgrew Graham Behich

Sibbald Levitt Meekison

Middleton Watt / Fletcher if fit

COME IN UNITED !!!!

You are right about their ability on the break because they do have pace out wide and a half decent no9 who can header the ball,i just hope its not another 65% slow ponderous possession from us and lightening counter attacks from them similar to ST Mirren at home earlier this season.

It's not a must win in the overall scheme of things but it's massive. Draw or lose would be a blow to us and a big psychological boost for them. So it's definitely must win in that sense.

If we show the same desire work rate passion and competitive spirit as Saturday I think we'll win it.

The two wing backs worked well v Hearts so I'm sticking with that formation due to their pacy wingers but bringing in Graham instead of Smith to counter White.

Drop Djoum, not sure, he made himself a right nuisance v Hearts. McGrath for Harkes.
    If Fletcher is injured, I'd start Sadat, what's the point of him otherwise we're never going to find out. I'd tell Middleton he's our secret weapon to win the game and we need him ready for a second half blistering impact. Cos I don't think he likes the bench at all 😎

So for me

...........Birighitti
    Edwards Graham McMann
    ............Djoum
    Freeman Sibbald Levitt Behich
    .........Fletcher McGrath

2-0
    C'mon United 🧡

Massive game and a realistic chance to go 10th! We have a great record over County. Play like we did on Saturday and I'm confident we'll get three points. Fletcher being fit is key to this though. Here's hoping. 🤞🏼

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Massive game and a realistic chance to go 10th! We have a great record over County. Play like we did on Saturday and I'm confident we'll get three points. Fletcher being fit is key to this though. Here's hoping. ����
    I'd really like McGrath back in too. Massive game, must not lose! But realistically we need to win these kind of games if we have any hope of moving upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'd really like McGrath back in too. Massive game, must not lose! But realistically we need to win these kind of games if we have any hope of moving upwards.
    Yup, would be a massive boost! No idea what's wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yup, would be a massive boost! No idea what's wrong with him.
    Recalled by parent club...............

Don't like labelling games like this "must win" when it isn't really the case, must not lose maybe more accurate but other fixtures come into play both ours and others, nothing is lost tomorrow regardless

Killie play the Sheep and it's no gimme even in the plastic as the Sheep do well down there and Motherwell are at Ibrox tomorrow

Would be a big win psychologically on the back of Saturday and the recent home form being improved and set us up nicely for what I see is another very winnable game in Perth (where we have neither lost or conceded a goal since 2015)

As usual the key is not giving away the opening goal and certainly not easily

See it as a huge opportunity as much as a must win. They have threats, set pieces in particular. They play the percentages too in terms of territory. That said I don't believe they have a single player that gets into our team or squad. A massive opportunity therefore to build some momentum. Can't wait for the game

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't like labelling games like this "must win" when it isn't really the case, must not lose maybe more accurate but other fixtures come into play both ours and others, nothing is lost tomorrow regardless

Killie play the Sheep and it's no gimme even in the plastic as the Sheep do well down there and Motherwell are at Ibrox tomorrow

Would be a big win psychologically on the back of Saturday and the recent home form being improved and set us up nicely for what I see is another very winnable game in Perth (where we have neither lost or conceded a goal since 2015)

As usual the key is not giving away the opening goal and certainly not easily
    Forgive me if i am missing something, but is that not funster-esque levels of statistical manipulation when 4 of those seasons were doon seasons?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)