+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Pretty obvious I would have thought, Wartman. The manager wants Booth to play and therefore develop. He is not ready for the first team yet, but will only improve by playing in someone's first team. Hence signing a keeper on loan to allow Booth to go out and play. Totally for our benefit!!

What is pretty obvious ? We have lost our first choice keeper and replaced him with a benchwarmer Is that strengthening the squad ? The purpose of the transfer window is to do just that we have done the opposite, I don’t care about Tom Booth he is not going to influence first team results this season what I do care about to use Bells words that we spend our money wisely REALLY ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    What is pretty obvious ? We have lost our first choice keeper and replaced him with a benchwarmer Is that strengthening the squad ? The purpose of the transfer window is to do just that we have done the opposite, I don’t care about Tom Booth he is not going to influence first team results this season what I do care about to use Bells words that we spend our money wisely REALLY ?
    I think it worth remembering that Arthur would have been here warming our bench if Richards hadn't been injured. At least initially.

I think it's called 'forward planning'. Also, there is no certainty that Beadle (who was given a 3½ year contract by Brighton 2 days before being loaned to us) will just be benchwarming.
    Anyway, where is the positivity about 3 other signings? Why go hell-for-leather for some negativity? Makes you think doesn't it?🤔

Tom Booth may not influence results this season, neither probably will Holicek, Lunt, Billington, Evans et al. But hopefully they, and others, will in the future. That's the balancing act.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I think it's called 'forward planning'. Also, there is no certainty that Beadle (who was given a 3½ year contract by Brighton 2 days before being loaned to us) will just be benchwarming.
    Anyway, where is the positivity about 3 other signings? Why go hell-for-leather for some negativity? Makes you think doesn't it?��
    I have already said on another post that 2 of the signings have been encouraging the other 2 not I will let you decide which no prize I think it’s fairly obvious.

Tom Booth may not influence results this season, neither probably will Holicek, Lunt, Billington, Evans et al. But hopefully they, and others, will in the future. That's the balancing act.

Yep and I doubt most of them will in the future either.

Yep and I doubt most of them will in the future either.
    With an approach as negative as that, the young players might as well give up now.

I have already said on another post that 2 of the signings have been encouraging the other 2 not I will let you decide which no prize I think it’s fairly obvious.
    Fair enough my mistake!
    I just reacted to the force of your comment. I wonder why you sometimes seem to be so full of rage. Just, from my point of view, seems disproportionate. But we're all different, I suppose.

With an approach as negative as that, the young players might as well give up now.

Absolutely agree with you 100% most of them will amount to nothing more than non league standard.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Fair enough my mistake!
    I just reacted to the force of your comment. I wonder why you sometimes seem to be so full of rage. Just, from my point of view, seems disproportionate. But we're all different, I suppose.
    I get angry that the club continues to repeat the same mistakes and never learn. We loan far to many kids with the vast majority of them useless. Stop loaning kids we have are own who are just as inexperienced at least if we play them we know how many to get rid of in June which at the moment looks like most of them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast