+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinniesta

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Either way, returning to the topic...let’s not forget that Wigan is only about twelve miles down the road from Bolton. As I understand it Shinnie’s wife and kids were homesick for Scotland after the move across the border and have returned home. Presumably GS remains under contract at Wigan and can earn more in the Championship than in Scotland (Celtic and Rangers apart)...can understand why he’d be welcomed back but probably just at a loose end and looking to meet up with some old colleagues.
    Fair points but he’s only benchwarming at Wigan, a loan to the end of the season might be an option. Whilst Accepting everything that’s been said about the academy we have no steel in midfield at the mo and on a good day, to use a music term, there’s none more metal than GS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Fair points but he’s only benchwarming at Wigan, a loan to the end of the season might be an option. Whilst Accepting everything that’s been said about the academy we have no steel in midfield at the mo and on a good day, to use a music term, there’s none more metal than GS
    True...we certainly lacked ‘steel’ (and penetration) at Bolton. Until reinforcements arrive this just makes it all the more puzzling to me that Roberts remains on the bench and Sibley’s ‘steel’ remains at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    True...we certainly lacked ‘steel’ (and penetration) at Bolton. Until reinforcements arrive this just makes it all the more puzzling to me that Roberts remains on the bench and Sibley’s ‘steel’ remains at LB.
    Nice to see that PW et al appear to have taken the stupid fouls and ditto yellow cards out of Sibley's game. I'm unsure of the wisdom of re-signing Shinnie. He seemed to be a shadow of his former self in his last few months with us. He's currently not getting a start in a poor Wigan side. I'm on the thanks, but no thanks side. As ever, I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

I see DCFCA is again proving his lack of knowledge. Thanks to those who provided a plethora of names that he seems to have forgotten. I'd like to add young Robinson to that list, plus Ebosele, two departees to Palace and isn't there a former Rams Academy graduate banging them in for Plymouth?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Nice to see that PW et al appear to have taken the stupid fouls and ditto yellow cards out of Sibley's game. I'm unsure of the wisdom of re-signing Shinnie. He seemed to be a shadow of his former self in his last few months with us. He's currently not getting a start in a poor Wigan side. I'm on the thanks, but no thanks side. As ever, I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

I see DCFCA is again proving his lack of knowledge. Thanks to those who provided a plethora of names that he seems to have forgotten. I'd like to add young Robinson to that list, plus Ebosele, two departees to Palace and isn't there a former Rams Academy graduate banging them in for Plymouth?
    Memory loss the only explanation, that and a unfathomable desire to see a club only recently bought of administration, operating under a tight financial plan, to start gambling solely in the transfer market instead of bringing on local youngsters!

If I remember correctly, wasnt a former Rams Academy player managing Bolton on Tuesday as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If I remember correctly, wasnt a former Rams Academy player managing Bolton on Tuesday as well?
    Indeed he was...but seeing as he only played 34 of his 534 appearances for us, before being moved on for not very much to the mighty Spireites, he’s not really a great example of the Academy production line.

Maybe we should all just agree that the best teams, especially for clubs in our position, are often a healthy blend of youth and experience as currently personified at Derby by Cashin and Forsyth.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We havent in recent seasons though

Morris came in and it fell apart later in in his ownership. Weve got none coming through right now, Sibley and Thompson the only ones left

I prefer to build a team the proper way in the transfer market, wheel and deal if thats the way we need to go
    rA I think we all agree that, but one can't let a completely false statement like this go without a comment! This guy purports to be a knowledgeable fan FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    rA I think we all agree that, but one can't let a completely false statement like this go without a comment! This guy purports to be a knowledgeable fan FFS!
    Yep agreed. He’s totally wrong about us not bringing young players through and you were right.
    Since then however it’s turned into a bit of a witch hunt and, tbf, he only talked about the need to ‘wheel and deal’, not make big name signings.
    To follow DCFCA’s ‘logic’ to a minor extent, I think we probably do need any January additions to have a greater emphasis on experience and leadership rather than youthful potential. Might not be possible though.

Glad you got the credit for pointing out the DCFCA inaccuracies, Swale ☹️. Rat-a-tat-tat

Warne is on record saying something to the effect that we've got a bunch of kids, a shedload of pensioners an nowt in the 23 to 29 age bracket in between and that's what he wants. Whoever they are, the most important thing is that they don't cost owt and don't want big wages..... what could go wrong?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)