+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: He said 'captain' I said 'wot?'

He said 'captain' I said 'wot?'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR2RSlpqG_I

Seriously though, Is our captain sensible? Or 'wot?'

Stewart certainly seems 'composed' ... but most def too composed at times as he tippy-toes passes from the back, all too often to the wrong colour of jersey.

Must admit, I thought we missed his best attribute v Killie ... ie. his ability to win headers (we won so very few at this game) .... def an asset, and incalculable re. how much grief he may have saved our defence ... but ... ball at his feet? err ... not always captain sensible - a liability in fact!

And yet, in his absence v Killie, we found we had plenty cover in the liability department! Could it be that Stewart's hitherto 'headcount' of defensive headers might have masked this fact?

Just thought a thread questioning the captaincy would be every bit as valid as the 'across threads' questioning of non players.

So,

Do his good attributes outweigh his not so good? Should he be captain? Would he perform better if he wasn't? Who should be captain?

To be clear, Ah'm nae lookin tae start a 'Considine is tae blame for everything including the global pandemic' style witch-hunt here. I have been impressed wi the guy on more occasions than have found cause to question his worth.

Jist feel it's right tae 'evaluate' at least his role as captain.

I thought making him captain was Goodwin's weirdest decision so far.
    Fück knows what was behind it, difficult to believe someone coming from an nonentity of a team like he did would have been able to make that a condition of the transfer.

He's a good centre half, but not Scottish Premier class.*

There wasn't much class on show last night.

Stewart has been one of the weakest links in the team this season and certainly not a captain.

That said, you can see he likes a battle and when Celtic came here the other week he was possibly our best defender and coped with the constant attacks.

I find he plays better in a three than a back four, but we are shyte with three at the back

Overall I just feel he isn't good enough and would try and get him away in January.

There is no excuse for a back three.

Particularly the one we have been fed about it allowing two strikers.

But, no, he's not good enough, not nearly good enough.

I think everyone expected the captain to be McCrorie, did his hun supporting antics spoil his chances?
    I certainly hope they did, but I doubt it.

I hated the idea of Scott Brown being at Pittodrie but you could understand why he came in as captain.
    Stewart? Nah

Ross McCrorie can f*ck off n’all

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Absolutely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He’s certainly no captain as the other night proved, and no CH as most weeks prove.

The lack of leadership in the whole team is pathetic. Again, that’s on Goodwin. Remember all the shyte about players with drive and good engines who’d fight for everything - aye ok Jim.

Up there with the defence is the easiest thing to fix pish.

McCrorie should only ever be in centre mid, where his size and physicality - as well as the fact he actually does have a good engine - has some use. We’ve precious few others with any of those attributes.

He needs footballers round him though in midfield as he’s as creative as a tree, so pointless having him in there with Ramadani. Clarkson maybe ok.

Squad’s all over the shop just now - as the amount of folk being constantly asked to play out of position shows…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    He’s certainly no captain as the other night proved, and no CH as most weeks prove.

The lack of leadership in the whole team is pathetic. Again, that’s on Goodwin. Remember all the shyte about players with drive and good engines who’d fight for everything - aye ok Jim.

Up there with the defence is the easiest thing to fix pish.

McCrorie should only ever be in centre mid, where his size and physicality - as well as the fact he actually does have a good engine - has some use. We’ve precious few others with any of those attributes.

He needs footballers round him though in midfield as he’s as creative as a tree, so pointless having him in there with Ramadani. Clarkson maybe ok.

Squad’s all over the shop just now - as the amount of folk being constantly asked to play out of position shows…
    Spot on…McCrorie is in my opinion very overrated. He is certainly no central defender and a poor midfielder. Maybe a good stint on the bench will make him think about his game more.

Or think about the hun game more.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Or think about the hun game more.
    I am maybe of older fashioned values regarding our players/managers supporting other teams….I wouldn’t allow it. If you are with Aberdeen, everything you do is to get us better and help support the club. Our sh!t manager going to Parkhead to cheer on Celtic and McCrorie going along to support the Ibrox lot doesn’t sit well with me. It’s weak chairmanship from Cormack allowing it to happen. It shows both named have no real pride representing Aberdeen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast