+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He said 'captain' I said 'wot?'

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I am maybe of older fashioned values regarding our players/managers supporting other teams….I wouldn’t allow it. If you are with Aberdeen, everything you do is to get us better and help support the club. Our sh!t manager going to Parkhead to cheer on Celtic and McCrorie going along to support the Ibrox lot doesn’t sit well with me. It’s weak chairmanship from Cormack allowing it to happen. It shows both named have no real pride representing Aberdeen.
    Do you honestly think players never used to go and watch their teams back in the day?

Not a new thing, just phones with cameras blow everything out of proportion.

Thank flock you're not our manager as we would have a player mutiny on our hands trying to enforce your old fashioned values.

Thing is : Stewart can head the ball. But only to the edge of the box. And he is stretching to clear it with his feet. So any of his clearances only goes directly to the opposition attackers. The he can a play it out.
    . So basically , he is ****e at SPFL level.

Get him tae ****.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Do you honestly think players never used to go and watch their teams back in the day?

Not a new thing, just phones with cameras blow everything out of proportion.

Thank flock you're not our manager as we would have a player mutiny on our hands trying to enforce your old fashioned values.
    The camera phones etc should help keep the players away from supporting the opponents in the same league. Why would you want your manager to go along supporting Celtic and then see the dreadful way he sets up or see one of your first team players going on a jolly to support Rangers? It’s a total disregard to Aberdeen FC and a major letdown to all those who spend their time convincing people to join the club in some capacity.

It’s an easy job being a manager when you do the right things. It’s doing the wrong things that cause you problems.

The camera phones etc should help keep the players away from supporting the opponents in the same league. Why would you want your manager to go along supporting Celtic and then see the dreadful way he sets up or see one of your first team players going on a jolly to support Rangers? It’s a total disregard to Aberdeen FC and a major letdown to all those who spend their time convincing people to join the club in some capacity.

It’s an easy job being a manager when you do the right things. It’s doing the wrong things that cause you problems.
    So would you have sold or sacked Niall McGinn for his Celtic viewing antics ?

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    So would you have sold or sacked Niall McGinn for his Celtic viewing antics ?
    If I was the boss he wouldn’t have been away supporting Celtic.

Was it your son who was being scouted by lots of clubs, about to be signed? If he signed for, let's say Motherwell, then let's say Aberdeen were in the the Scottish Cup final. Would you ban your son from going to support the dons? If we made it through to the group stages (let's keep it slightly realistic) in Europe and set up a tie with someone like Bayern or Juventus, would you ban him from going to support Aberden at these games?

Did he ever get picked up by anyone. I wish him all the best if he did. Tough to get the breaks but even getting a first foot on the ladder is a big achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Was it your son who was being scouted by lots of clubs, about to be signed? If he signed for, let's say Motherwell, then let's say Aberdeen were in the the Scottish Cup final. Would you ban your son from going to support the dons? If we made it through to the group stages (let's keep it slightly realistic) in Europe and set up a tie with someone like Bayern or Juventus, would you ban him from going to support Aberden at these games?

Did he ever get picked up by anyone. I wish him all the best if he did. Tough to get the breaks but even getting a first foot on the ladder is a big achievement.
    Say he did sign for Motherwell…he wouldn’t be going to support Aberdeen. It’s unprofessional to the club paying his wages. He is 11 so plenty time to see who is best for him. I would love him to be a Dons player but they don’t have much if any of a presence around our area. Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers and Hamilton are always looking. I will keep you informed who he decides to go with.

Say he did sign for Motherwell…he wouldn’t be going to support Aberdeen. It’s unprofessional to the club paying his wages. He is 11 so plenty time to see who is best for him. I would love him to be a Dons player but they don’t have much if any of a presence around our area. Hearts, Motherwell, Rangers and Hamilton are always looking. I will keep you informed who he decides to go with.
    So (when he's older and if he's made it) if be wanted to attend a cup final because he loves the dons and it's (sadly) a rarity, you would tell him not to.

You state you wouldn't allow players and managers to support other teams. That would leave you with a very small pool to pick from. And would you only ban them supporting teams in the same league, or would it be OK to go and cheer on Arbroath, Queen of the South, Swindon, Nantes etc etc.

People support other teams, I have no beef with that (well maybe the cheeks but that's for different reasons). What I have an issue with is if they don't give 100% in red, or perform differently against 'their team'.

Here's a controversial een, The twa cheeks playing each other who would you want to win ? And don't say you don't care etc. Pick one. Fpr me it would always be Celtic.

Edit.. unless of course a hun win would mean us winning the league,
    Last edited by stewarty27; 31-12-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Here's a controversial een, The twa cheeks playing each other who would you want to win ? And don't say you don't care etc. Pick one. Fpr me it would always be Celtic.

Edit.. unless of course a hun win would mean us winning the league,
    Celtic. I just detest them that bit less

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast