+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United transfer rumours....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Max Wober confirmed - contract till 2027.

Striker next please.
    Wober will wear no. 39. I hope he is better than Kristensen on the right who also came from Salzburg and has been rather disappointing. I honestly think that Ayling is better on the right.

When is he available for selection?

Technically for West Ham - he also knows Marsch Rasmus and Aaronson so may make it straight onto the bench for that game.

This season's heat-map for the Wöbbler & a left-back who can defend (allegedly).

I don't understand what orta is doing. I am really hoping that the Wood, Dieng and Lang are just rumors and deflections for who we really want. we become fixated on these certain players and just lose the plot. It's ironic that some of our better signings were second and third choices. Gnoto is going to be a great one. Some of our worst just linger on to haunt us such as KJA, James, Firpo and Llorente. Rodrigo took up a huge salary/bonus that could have bought 3 or 4 players. Bamford has been a curse the last 2 years. Kept us from getting someone that we really need. we are just so shallow in some key positions.

While I think Wober will be a very good player I doubt we sit our existing players and we sure didn't need another "converted center back" to play LB. I think the world of Strujik and where he will be down the road and Koch has done a pretty good job. However, we are stuck with Cooper, Llorente and to a lesser degree Ayling. are they really going to sit? I suspect that Strujik loses out on this deal and he's a better long term prospect.

I also don't understand why we can't grab someone like the Morrocan striker that's available for 6 million. Has to be some others out there. A lot of players that would like to move up to the prem. we'll end up with James back and we have the boat anchor of a contract and him taking up minutes.

So frustrating. we get some really, really right including Melsier, Adams, Summervile and Strujik but when we mess up we are are bad as anyone out there.
    Last edited by spaldy; 03-01-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I don't understand what orta is doing. I am really hoping that the Wood, Dieng and Lang are just rumors and deflections for who we really want. we become fixated on these certain players and just lose the plot. It's ironic that some of our better signings were second and third choices. Gnoto is going to be a great one. Some of our worst just linger on to haunt us such as KJA, James, Firpo and Llorente. Rodrigo took up a huge salary/bonus that could have bought 3 or 4 players. Bamford has been a curse the last 2 years. Kept us from getting someone that we really need. we are just so shallow in some key positions.

While I think Wober will be a very good player I doubt we sit our existing players and we sure didn't need another "converted center back" to play LB. I think the world of Strujik and where he will be down the road and Koch has done a pretty good job. However, we are stuck with Cooper, Llorente and to a lesser degree Ayling. are they really going to sit? I suspect that Strujik loses out on this deal and he's a better long term prospect.

I also don't understand why we can't grab someone like the Morrocan striker that's available for 6 million. Has to be some others out there. A lot of players that would like to move up to the prem. we'll end up with James back and we have the boat anchor of a contract and him taking up minutes.

So frustrating. we get some really, really right including Melsier, Adams, Summervile and Strujik but when we mess up we are are bad as anyone out there.

Get the frustrations.

Time will tell but from the stats and you tube football Wobet looks good and equally comfortable at CB or LB - he has played mainly at LB this season.

With you on the targets we ate looking at.

For the amount we would have to pay for Wood or Lang so many other options

Adeyemi
    luis Javier Suarez
    Boadu
    Jonathan Davis
    Cho

And many others to add to those you have mentioned. Maybe we are going for the unobtainable to fit into the we tried but they wouldn’t come narrative?

Look at the players Brentford, Southampton and Brighton scout, sign and develop who are older than the youngsters we sign.

Hated Bamford in the first season and sometimes in the second as he didn’t run, was injury prone and seemed to shirk challenges and miss sitters. I watched a fair bit of us live in ten EFL.

Bielsa definitely improved him and every year he seemed to add something new to his game which was a credit to him but his body just seems too weak and when his confidence is low he doesn’t push to get in the right positions.

To be fair he didn’t cost a fortune (albeit it was top end for the EFL) but he is just too unreliable fitness wise (he has been unavailable for games than he has played).

There must be some rough diamonds in the EFL or League One out there too.

Fingers crossed they pull a Gnonto esque forward out of the bag this window.

Gnonto is no winger especially not on the left side. Play him as CS don't worry about his size is a beast. Have Summerville and when he half gets fits Siinistera on the wings they will run any defense mad.2 quality Mids yes we are lacking badly there also apart from Addams.
    If this new guy is any good he must play Pat and Koch together no more cooper and the Spaniard.

I wish everyone would forget about Bamford. Thanks for your service, but your time is up. Not your fault. That's the way it goes. We need a reliable striker. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    I wish everyone would forget about Bamford. Thanks for your service, but your time is up. Not your fault. That's the way it goes. We need a reliable striker. All the best.

Che adams. Nothing better than an aging striker that can't even make the starting lineup on one of the lowest scoring teams in the prem. Boggles the mind the thought process on orta when he gets locked into someone. we've been hearing his name. along with Kent, for 3 years now.

speaking of absurdity.

why would the Geordies give up a striker when they are in the Title chase and have an injury prone star (Callum)? The only clean sheet we've had in ages is playing against him.

if you are going to go that route (or adams) just play Gnoto, Perkins and Joffy and let it play out.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)