+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Great performance. Crowd up for it .... pretty good attendance tonight. PNE end was sold out too. Okay and Mulumby awesome in midfield. Asante upfront a constant menace .. full of energy. O'Shea and Pieters solid at back. And Wallace was usual Wallace. Dike, Swift and Reach did OK. But noticeable dip when Grant and TGH came on ... need more depth

Great performance overall, some sloppy passing from the back and showboating that didn't come off but great to win again!

I have tried to send you a message Mick, not sure if it worked?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    Great performance overall, some sloppy passing from the back and showboating that didn't come off but great to win again!

I have tried to send you a message Mick, not sure if it worked?!?
    Just replied mate.

I presume everyone noticed that Yok actually made both goals for himself be winning the ball in the first place.

I remember playing against lads like Yok, they look a bit slow and cumbersome but always seem to be in the right place to nick the ball off you, walk past you like you don’t exist and then pick a pass or score.

THAT my friends is what class looks like at any level......it’s effortless.

Good performance tonight, great to see The Hawthorns full again.

We really played some sublime stuff at times, even the most ardent of PNE fans must have been impressed. If it weren’t for Woodman in the Preston goal we could certainly have doubled the final scoreline.

I did find the glut of substitutions made for a more nervy ending that what it should have been. We were in total control of this game so to see Preston go close to pulling one back albeit late on could have lead to a tense ending that was never on the cards. We have to spread the load on the squad I know but all those changes just checked our dominance and invited a bit of unwanted pressure.

Still, really chuffed, and we’re 1 point of the play offs with 63 points to play for. I expect the advance up the table to potentially slow a little simply based on the fact that the more successful teams in the top half will win more games when playing teams in the bottom half but we’re right in amongst it all which seemed a million miles away at one point.

Just wondered if Woodman conceded a corner, at all?

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Good performance tonight, great to see The Hawthorns full again.

We really played some sublime stuff at times, even the most ardent of PNE fans must have been impressed. If it weren’t for Woodman in the Preston goal we could certainly have doubled the final scoreline.

I did find the glut of substitutions made for a more nervy ending that what it should have been. We were in total control of this game so to see Preston go close to pulling one back albeit late on could have lead to a tense ending that was never on the cards. We have to spread the load on the squad I know but all those changes just checked our dominance and invited a bit of unwanted pressure.

Still, really chuffed, and we’re 1 point of the play offs with 63 points to play for. I expect the advance up the table to potentially slow a little simply based on the fact that the more successful teams in the top half will win more games when playing teams in the bottom half but we’re right in amongst it all which seemed a million miles away at one point.
    I think Corberan took off the best players and replaced them with not as good so we were pushed back. Risky but we got away with it.

On the walk back to the Vine (car park) we passed a set of PNE fans who were singing how sh1te they were and it was a long way home, they were outplayed on all counts!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think Corberan took off the best players and replaced them with not as good so we were pushed back. Risky but we got away with it.
    Eye on Mondays game, that’s massive now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)