+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last banking day of the year, is the cheque in the post

Whilst I am certainly not condoning Lai’s actions, I do understand them.
    As the WBA ‘owner’ (ultimate major shareholder via the various holding companies) and in need of cash flow for other of his businesses, WBA have provided the vehicle to generate the funds.
    Having missed out on the expected Premiership promotion and related income, Lai seized the opportunity to withdraw funds. The underlying potential trauma to the WBA business, supporters and staff is clearly of little concern to him. WBA is a UK trading company, no more.
    The use of the Hedge Fund investors seems a precarious route (expensive) for him to facilitate some risk management for his overall investments.
    Nervy financial times are here with any buyer unlikely to offer enough to bail Lai out…win the playoffs and then who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If Lai is found guilty of illegal financial dealings could his assets be frozen or confiscated or is this just wishful thinking on my part. I have no idea of the laws pertaining to this.
    It would have to be proven in court that he did something wrong to contravene company law.
    As far as I am aware, moving funds from one whole owned company to another within the larger group is not illegal, so long as it is publicly registered in the accounts and notification is served to company house in UK.
    However unlike publicly quoted companies who have to inform the stock exchange within approximately a few weeks, for private companies (like Albion) the notification is nearly a year.
    Lai owns the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Whilst I am certainly not condoning Lai’s actions, I do understand them.
    As the WBA ‘owner’ (ultimate major shareholder via the various holding companies) and in need of cash flow for other of his businesses, WBA have provided the vehicle to generate the funds.
    Having missed out on the expected Premiership promotion and related income, Lai seized the opportunity to withdraw funds. The underlying potential trauma to the WBA business, supporters and staff is clearly of little concern to him. WBA is a UK trading company, no more.
    The use of the Hedge Fund investors seems a precarious route (expensive) for him to facilitate some risk management for his overall investments.
    Nervy financial times are here with any buyer unlikely to offer enough to bail Lai out…win the playoffs and then who knows ?

Sorry Prando - not correct and not ethical what he’s doing. Should any owner pull money out of their company as they please with two fingers up to the shareholders? You will also find if West Brom is not trading profitably which I don’t believe it is with the needed loan - it’s actually illegal to distort money out of the company even if you own it. So in essence if a company were to go bust and any owner had extracted funds from it when it was not profitable - they will be pursued by the administrator. The creditors are the ones who will be screwed! Take Mel Norris - he screwed all his creditors and put the stadium protected in another company! He should have been sent to jail!

Things will only change when people realise he’s shafting the club! Thousands of West Brom supporters are starting to wake up to what he’s doing!

You can have any opinion you want! As a business owner - I know he’s shafting the business big time and it’s illegal to extract money when the business can’t afford it or have the due funds in their accounts.
    Last edited by baggieal; 31-12-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    It would have to be proven in court that he did something wrong to contravene company law.
    As far as I am aware, moving funds from one whole owned company to another within the larger group is not illegal, so long as it is publicly registered in the accounts and notification is served to company house in UK.
    However unlike publicly quoted companies who have to inform the stock exchange within approximately a few weeks, for private companies (like Albion) the notification is nearly a year.
    Lai owns the company.

Dubs - as a business owner myself I can confirm it’s illegal to take out sums of money if the business is not profitable as effectively it’s using creditors funds. Bit like saying any business owner can draw a salary of 200,000 and the company only has 20,000 in their accounts. Football clubs should not be allowed to rack up so much debt as any other business would not get away with it! Any owner or business can get away with extorting cash or racking up a huge directors loan account until the business goes t its up. The administrator can pursue the owner through malpractice and pursue not only company assets but personal assets too. Difficulty is this c unt is in China though so will get away with it!

Club statement, not being paid until the new year (which one.?)

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Club statement, not being paid until the new year (which one.?)
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/club-stat...n-limited-loan
    The Chinese new year is on January 22nd. The year of the Rabbit
    Last edited by soulman101; 31-12-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/club-stat...n-limited-loan
    The Chinese new year is on January 22nd. The year of the Rabbit
    More like The Year of the Runt!

Or the Year of the Rat!

The board have just announced a missed payment deadline has passed with no money deposited..

From the local newspaper Express and sh1te

https://tinyurl.com/tpdhu7ux

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)