+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Last banking day of the year, is the cheque in the post

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Sorry Prando - not correct and not ethical what he’s doing. Should any owner pull money out of their company as they please with two fingers up to the shareholders? You will also find if West Brom is not trading profitably which I don’t believe it is with the needed loan - it’s actually illegal to distort money out of the company even if you own it. So in essence if a company were to go bust and any owner had extracted funds from it when it was not profitable - they will be pursued by the administrator. The creditors are the ones who will be screwed! Take Mel Norris - he screwed all his creditors and put the stadium protected in another company! He should have been sent to jail!

Things will only change when people realise he’s shafting the club! Thousands of West Brom supporters are starting to wake up to what he’s doing!

You can have any opinion you want! As a business owner - I know he’s shafting the business big time and it’s illegal to extract money when the business can’t afford it or have the due funds in their accounts.
    Understood al buddy.
    My comments are prefaced that, whilst not condoning, I also indeed understand what he’s doing. The legality, or indeed otherwise, should have been established by the Hedge Fund. My point is that, sadly, there are so many within a ‘community’ football club, not least the fans, who will not have been seriously considered in the restructuring.
    Whilst acknowledging the efforts of the ‘action group’ endeavours, I’m not sure it will alter the plans of Lai and his advisers. Financial damage mitigation

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Understood al buddy.
    My comments are prefaced that, whilst not condoning, I also indeed understand what he’s doing. The legality, or indeed otherwise, should have been established by the Hedge Fund. My point is that, sadly, there are so many within a ‘community’ football club, not least the fans, who will not have been seriously considered in the restructuring.
    Whilst acknowledging the efforts of the ‘action group’ endeavours, I’m not sure it will alter the plans of Lai and his advisers. Financial damage mitigation

Agree Prando! A hard nosed ruthless businessman won’t care tuppence for the supporters. It wouldn’t bother Lai if the stadium was bulldozed if he could get his money back!

Force Gourlay out and this could cause some ructions!!

Makes me sick though Prando a little tradesman would be pursued and lose his house for wrong doing but someone like him, Mike Ashley etc can do what they want!

Seats in the East Stand on Monday! Happy New Year to you and the Mrs

Agree Prando! A hard nosed ruthless businessman won’t care tuppence for the supporters. It wouldn’t bother Lai if the stadium was bulldozed if he could get his money back!

Force Gourlay out and this could cause some ructions!!

Makes me sick though Prando a little tradesman would be pursued and lose his house for wrong doing but someone like him, Mike Ashley etc can do what they want!

Seats in the East Stand on Monday! Happy New Year to you and the Mrs
    We will also be there. We have my elder son (who lives in Calgary) staying with us. So me, ‘she who must be obeyed’ together with his family will all be there. We managed to get 4 tickets reasonable close to our ST seats.
    PS My son and his wife enjoyed the Preston match from the Former Players Box…it’s who you know !

Dubs - as a business owner myself I can confirm it’s illegal to take out sums of money if the business is not profitable as effectively it’s using creditors funds. Bit like saying any business owner can draw a salary of 200,000 and the company only has 20,000 in their accounts. Football clubs should not be allowed to rack up so much debt as any other business would not get away with it! Any owner or business can get away with extorting cash or racking up a huge directors loan account until the business goes t its up. The administrator can pursue the owner through malpractice and pursue not only company assets but personal assets too. Difficulty is this c unt is in China though so will get away with it!

You can take money from a LTD Company if you have "retained profit" within your company as long as you have the operating cash flow with which to do that.

I have a huge amount of retained profit within my own business but because we've had a tough year I've taken very little out.

I'd never dream of taking a massive loan out against it just to pay myself a huge amount, I actually lend my own company money from private savings at times like this to keep everything on an even keel.

I cannot understand how such large scale fraud is allowed in plain sight.

Dubs - as a business owner myself I can confirm it’s illegal to take out sums of money if the business is not profitable as effectively it’s using creditors funds. Bit like saying any business owner can draw a salary of 200,000 and the company only has 20,000 in their accounts. Football clubs should not be allowed to rack up so much debt as any other business would not get away with it! Any owner or business can get away with extorting cash or racking up a huge directors loan account until the business goes t its up. The administrator can pursue the owner through malpractice and pursue not only company assets but personal assets too. Difficulty is this c unt is in China though so will get away with it!
    Correct me if wrong but does that not apply to one company only?
    If you have an international trading corporation you can juggle the money to where it is needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)