+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023!

You’re losing your bite, Mick, I expected some reciprocal abuse following my previous post!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I feel it tbh mate.

Over a week with no except use and very little over a two week period.

I need to lose 3lbs.

Back to it tomorrow.

Back to the fitness on Monday as need to lose 2lbs!

I have been cycling the 8K in and out of work since Putin invaded Ukraine. I am fcuked if that cnut is getting my money for his scum action.
    Along with my running albeit not as quickly as I use to but I have shed over a stone since Feb....or 6.3KG...
    The issue around stopping is starting again.....so I just keep going...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I have been cycling the 8K in and out of work since Putin invaded Ukraine. I am fcuked if that cnut is getting my money for his scum action.
    Along with my running albeit not as quickly as I use to but I have shed over a stone since Feb....or 6.3KG...
    Indeed, had a 13 km run today.

Tomorrow gym and futsal.

I lost 5 pounds this week, went up the shop, thought I had put the fiver change in pocket.
    Put my hand in pocket to get my keys when I got home and found I had lost 5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I lost 5 pounds this week, went up the shop, thought I had put the fiver change in pocket.
    Put my hand in pocket to get my keys when I got home and found I had lost 5 pounds.
    🤣🤣🤣

I’m well back into my running now albeit my chronic and I fixable knee condition, dodgy Achilles and brittle calves mean that I really have to “manage” each run and not stretch myself in the way my brain still wants me to.

I tend to do 5 days training and 2 rest days now as I feel the 27.5 miles per week is enough at nearly 61 1/2.

I admire people who can still do more.

Wish I could still play football or Futsol but my bad knee is my right one and I can no longer kick a ball, the “intertia” of the swinging leg making contact with a static ball is really painful for me.

The wind here this week has made the running bloody hard work at times this week but I always feel great afterwards.

I’ll find it very hard mentally when I do have to pack up for good but hopefully I can keep going for another 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The wind here this week has made the running bloody hard work at times this week but I always feel great afterwards.

I’ll find it very hard mentally when I do have to pack up for good but hopefully I can keep going for another 20 years.
    Football is gone for me now and I wont even watch the lads running out anymore cause like you Mick, myu brain will say..."Right lets go" and it is a complete no no.
    My ACL on left knee got fecked in 2017 marathon training and even put paid to my running for the next four years until autumn 2021 when I started back after some cannabis therapy.
    I never bothered getting an operation. I don't power run anymore just do me 5K and 10K runs and may do a longer run if the mood takes me but no longer have pressure to run other then my health habit.
    Cycling I find boring but it serves its purpose for work.
    I ballooned up to 11.5 stone about two years ago and since then I have stuck at a regime of constant exercise to thankfully get back down to under 10 stone.
    Good vibe now. Do what you can when you can Mick...

Football is gone for me now and I wont even watch the lads running out anymore cause like you Mick, myu brain will say..."Right lets go" and it is a complete no no.
    My ACL on left knee got fecked in 2017 marathon training and even put paid to my running for the next four years until autumn 2021 when I started back after some cannabis therapy.
    I never bothered getting an operation. I don't power run anymore just do me 5K and 10K runs and may do a longer run if the mood takes me but no longer have pressure to run other then my health habit.
    Cycling I find boring but it serves its purpose for work.
    I ballooned up to 11.5 stone about two years ago and since then I have stuck at a regime of constant exercise to thankfully get back down to under 10 stone.
    Good vibe now. Do what you can when you can Mick...
    “Ballooned to 11.5 stone” 😳🤣

That’s my target weight FFS.

I’m usually around 11 stone 11 lbs Dubs and I was around 5ft 9 1/2 at my tallest.

I haven’t been under 10 stone since my running peak at 28 and everyone seems to regard me as slim even though I know I carry a bit extra these days.

What sorts of times are you running?

I'm only 5' 7" and always tucked in around 10 stone for most my life.
    My running only really started when my hamstring was a reoccurring problem for me in the mid 2000's.
    My first marathon was in 2007 around 43 years old.
    I was never a fast runner in running but was regarded as fast when playing football. Very fast over fifty meters and would cover about 12 kilometers during 90 minutes of football.
    My best 10K was probably around 46 mins....half marathon about 100 minutes...best full marathon was 3:45 when I was about 52 years old.
    Now if I run fast my ACL will scream out. So I keep to a certain pace which is never flat. Always with hills as this keeps me working different muscles sets.
    I know you were a fast runner in your day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)