+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Aberdeen v St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Aye ... but we didna. Ah thought Stewart had a good game, passing was much better, clearing when required - much better, headed clearances more assertive. I dae think though, that the work o' the mids, and tae some extent, fellow defenders pushin forward gave him yards mair space tae dae an effective job at the back, and never gave him cause tae 'panic' or 'hurry' a pass.
    Agreed, but not the point. We are not good at the back and better strikers will and have punished us and not talking about a high bar when I say better strikers. I am sure Shinnie will sort them oot, he will probably make our players raise their game.

We have to get out of this mindset that we can play across the back as it puts us under pressure for no reason. It's a good idea in theory, but we need the personnel to execute it properly. We have certainly looked more solid the past two games with a back four and McCrorie at RB.

Playing out from the back like that is insane

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s become a stupid fad since the suits fücked about with the rule that quite correctly insisted that a dead ball had to leave the penalty area before another player got a shottie. On Saturday, we had the stupidity of Scales taking the goal kick to allow Roos to leather it up the park, the point of which escapes me completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The way we play out from the back looks something that resembles our defenders having their laces tied together. For a Scottish top level team to look so inept at such a simple enough passing play is frightening. The players don’t properly practice this in training…it can be the only reason for such inability with the ball at their feet in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    It’s become a stupid fad since the suits fücked about with the rule that quite correctly insisted that a dead ball had to leave the penalty area before another player got a shottie. On Saturday, we had the stupidity of Scales taking the goal kick to allow Roos to leather it up the park, the point of which escapes me completely.
    I watched the first half of the recent Glasgow derby before having a word with myself & switching it off. Celtic were doing the exact same thing & struggled with it. We’ve got no chance.

It seems like an easy thing to fix

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567